Question Is Ursuit Heavy Light Trilaminate Drysuit a good drysuit ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dralexus

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone,
I have found someone local to me selling a Ursuit Heavy Light Trilaminate Drysuit with a replaced neck seal to neoprene(which I prefer) and it seems to fit me like a glove based on the sizing chart. I will be going today or tomorrow to try it on and the seller appears decent. He has set a price of 350 British pounds but it's negotiable.

I have a few questions:
  1. Is the brand and/or suit known to be good or bad?
  2. Would the suit be more than fine for UK diving?(I presume yes, but just in case)?
  3. Is the price good and if not, what would you personally consider a good price?
  4. Any tips for when checking the suit except sizing and doing visual inspections?
Thanks in advance!

My Ursuit Softdura is about 20 months old and I really like it and it's good. I dive in Finland year around so I guess Ursuit is ok for UK diving also.
There used to be some quality issues at some point with Ursuit suits, but not so much any more. Many people that I know has heavy light and they are happy with theirs.

I have a Deep 6 dry suit that was made for the company by Ursuit, I believe, and it’s a good dry suit, except for one thing. Last year when I was using it, it had clearly shrunk. This month when I tried it on, I could only zip it up if I had nothing but a T-shirt on under it. It has shrunk quite a bit around the torso. My wetsuit has done the same thing in the last few years. This appears to be a problem with exposure suits.

I have a Deep 6 dry suit that was made for the company by Ursuit, I believe, and it’s a good dry suit, except for one thing. Last year when I was using it, it had clearly shrunk. This month when I tried it on, I could only zip it up if I had nothing but a T-shirt on under it. It has shrunk quite a bit around the torso. My wetsuit has done the same thing in the last few years. This appears to be a problem with exposure suits.
You mean you've gained weight?

You mean you've gained weight?
I am not going to lie, this made me laugh. 😂😂😂

Also want to note I purchased the suit for 300, it all seems fine to me and fits really well except it's a bit big around the thighs but with a fat undersuit that should not really be an issue. The seller seemed really decent, had existing positive feedback, and recently changed the neck seal. Worst case I might sell it at a bit of a loss. Thanks for the feedback guys!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom