How to reply to a telemarketer..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well I start conversing with them in Arabic, things like "excuse me, my camel is on fire. Could you wait a sec while I go hit myself with a grille?" and stuff like that. Sometimes they get really freaked out. I am sure that they recorded it and my number is in some CIA or NSA file somewhere! hahaa

:rofl: :rofl: :lol3: yea but what happens when someone starts speaking arabic back? you have to have a backup plan.

they might think you're speaking code:

"Sir, he says 'The camel is on fire in the garden"

"Holy Toledo!! He is ordering a bombing in Madison Square Garden!!"

My daughter is an old pro at getting rid of telemarketers: In a broken voice, she says "No, my daddy isn't home... he's not coming home...he went out for cigarettes last May and he never came home...", etc., you get the picture.

Of course, now that we've joined the Texas No-Call list ($3.75 of pure bliss), we get NO telemarketers. It's the best money we've ever spent. The only ones allowed to call us are anyone we've done business with in the past, which is very few, only a few charitable organizations.

Foo

My father says "Let me give you to the decision maker in the household", then puts the phone down for the rabbit, who thinks the cordless phone is fun to play with :)

I've got caller ID. So if it's not a local number, I will pick up & then immediatly hang up. They don't call back.

My mother was 'helping' me brainstorm f/ a new job. She actually thought being a telemarketer would be a good idea. All I can say is: AARRGGGHHHH!
I think I'd rather be unemployed, thank you very much.

baltimoron:
well I start conversing with them in Arabic, things like "excuse me, my camel is on fire. Could you wait a sec while I go hit myself with a grille?" and stuff like that. Sometimes they get really freaked out. I am sure that they recorded it and my number is in some CIA or NSA file somewhere! hahaa
:lol3: :rofl:

Man, I should so NOT read these things at work - I get the weirdest looks from bursting out laughing, even when I try desperately NOT to!

baltimoron:

One day you're going to get like the one telemarketer that speaks Arabic lol. I started yelling at one in French once and she ended up being Canadian... hasn't called back, tho.

the best is to try and sell them some thing...like this...

AT&T-how would you like this new phone proram....ect.
ME-thats nice and all but i have this elephant for sale..
AT&T-huh??
ME- well ya, its all grey and stuff, and it can be yours for the ridiculous price of $3000..

Or just play games with them, like the game were you win when you get them to say that you are a secret agent and that calling your number comprimises national security..

Batman,
That's a good one! LOL Gotta try that one soon!

Back
Top Bottom