How to get the protective seal off goggles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ooh no he just told me to let it sit there. No rubbing until I clean it off. He's got to be doing something right. He owns his own large shop and has many rental stuff and does all his goggles the same way. But what do I know I'm just a beginner haha

Lesson 1: It's called a "mask" not "goggles"
Lesson 2: They're called "fins" not "flippers"
Lesson 3: Don't take yourself, or anyone else here on SB, too seriously~

:D

Welcome to the underwater world!

I burn mine and then scrub two or three times with toothpaste to get the black off. Never fails. For defog I just have a small bottle of baby shampoo in my mask case. A lifetime supply for 79 cents. Actually, if you let a little water in your mask and let it wash the goo from your nose onto the glass, that works as well as anything. It's just a little disgusting to think about. :)

I burn mine and then scrub two or three times with toothpaste to get the black off. Never fails. For defog I just have a small bottle of baby shampoo in my mask case. A lifetime supply for 79 cents. Actually, if you let a little water in your mask and let it wash the goo from your nose onto the glass, that works as well as anything. It's just a little disgusting to think about. :)
Lol yeah it is [emoji14][emoji12]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

And people have shunned me for using spit... Maybe I'll give this nose goo thing a try [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Protective coating.... Sure. As someone who manufactures dive masks. We made this for you. – Advlyfe GoPro dive masks to be exact.

It's just left over residue from the molding process that the manufacturer doesn't want to clean. I clean most of my retail orders before the go out. And by clean I mean take a lighter to the inside of both lenses for 30 seconds and clean it out.

I want people to have a fog free experience without having to know insider cleaning "tricks" also...as nasty as it is, spit in your mask and rub it around and rinse it out. I haven't found anything that works better to keep fog away.

Cheers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Spitting works, but after doing it for about 50-70 dives and never getting an even result (always some smaller or larger patches that would fog) I tried toothpaste with a crystal clear lens and never went back. Not to mention spitting looks kind of gross. It's still a perfectly fine backup plan.

Spitting works, but after doing it for about 50-70 dives and never getting an even result (always some smaller or larger patches that would fog) I tried toothpaste with a crystal clear lens and never went back. Not to mention spitting looks kind of gross. It's still a perfectly fine backup plan.

Spitting for defog I meant not cleaning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U use toothpaste as defog?

Toothpaste mixed with some water. Immaculate results every time. I think all you need is to leave a small residue of something on the lens which will prevent fogging, and toothpaste seems to work just as well as any soap solution that I have tried.

Back
Top Bottom