How to get hose protectors on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just built my doubles regs last night at my LDS. We used the installation tool and some silicone spray. Everything went on beautifully.

I WON'T buy dive gear online for any reason. If I did, I sure as hell wouldn't ask my LDS to set it up for me. In my mind, that's like someone who goes to another attorney, pays them to handle the case, then wants me to fix it for free when the other attorney screws up. I charge for my time, so why shouldn't the LDS.

Like O-Ring, I don't shop around for the cheapest prices on life support equipment. I buy exclusively from one shop.

In exchange, I can walk into my shop pretty much anytime and walk out with whatever I need. The owner has even come in after hours to give me emergency fills. I use their tools, supplies, gas fill station and a significant amount of their time without charge. I get my incidentals (hose protectors, Sink the Stink, Sea Drops) for free and I get a discount on equipment.

Overall, this level of service and commitment more than balances any extra cost.

Why should an LDS show loyalty to customers who don't reciprocate?

Why should an LDS show loyalty to customers who don't reciprocate?

First off, I just went through and bought 2 BC's, 2 Regs, 2 Octos, 2 masks, 2 Snorkels, 2 sets of fins, and 2 open water classes from them in the last couple of months.

The only reason I went to LP for my computers is that I didn't have the money to buy from the LDS, and I needed the computers for my AOW course coming up soon.

As a matter of fact, I am now beginning to think that my LDS sucks. Other local dive shops seem to want my business - won't treat me like crap because I bought a computer from LP, won't try to charge me out the ass for little service work. Or nickel and dime me to death - shoot, I've spent alot of money there in just a few weeks, and now they want to charge $10 to install a $3 hose protector that I just bought from them.

I can tell you this - that 12 pack of beer just cost that dive shop the rest of my business. "The straw that broke the camels back" - so to say.

Not that I am an authority, but judging from your previous post you have spent a ton more money in that LDS than I have in mine and my shop is much cooler. I do hang out in there a lot, know everyone on a first name basis, and I dive enough that they see me at least once a week for fills, etc., so maybe that has more to do with it than total money spent.

O-Ring... Do you actually work?
Most of my buddies would say I don't... :) Besides, I have a good excuse for being useless...

Maybe I should come up there & work for you.
Now there's an idea...a whole department staffed with divers. We could bring our gear in and work on it...wonder how long before everyone got laid off?

O-ring once bubbled...

Now there's an idea...a whole department staffed with divers. We could bring our gear in and work on it...wonder how long before everyone got laid off?

My buddy Peat Bog do that now.:slick:
And we just got bought out by WAMU. We also have a really cool mngr.

Addict:

I read you earlier stuff. You're right, they were screwing you.

Still, I recommend establishing a good rapport with an LDS somewhere. At my LDS, they tell me to keep a list of what I take and pay for it when I'm ready.

The people at the shop are not just people from whom I buy gear. We are dive buddies and friends. Our families (including the non-divers) get together a couple of time each year.

Last night, I had two guys at the LDS helping me find the odds and ends that I needed to assemble my doubles. One of them offered me the bungee cord off of his backup when it appeared that we were out so that I could use my new rig this weekend.

You don't buy friends like that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom