How to get hose protectors on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always have a hard time getting the hose protectors removed.
Aren’t those things doing more bad Then good?

I cut mine off a few years back. Don't miss them at all. YMMV

Amazon.com : Scuba Diving Flaged Hose Protector Install Hand Tool Self Draining : Sports & Outdoors
products-rb0600.jpg

I've since stopped using them but I don't recall hose protectors being that difficult to install/remove. For a time, I removed them when cleaning my gear post dive - then reinstalled. I was kind of surprised to hear there was a special tool or lubricants required. Maybe there are different manufacturers of the things.

I go out of my way to remove mine. As stated above they tend to trap dirt etc and impair visible inspection of the hose.

Well it worked this time, and seems to be something that'll work in the future if I do, but I think I too may skip them in the future. Especially if I moved to braided.

all three ways above is good... tool, grease and boiling water...
but you have fourth way :) much more easy and cheap :)

adhesive electrical tape :)
1200px-Electrical-tape_black.jpg

it is most universal solution for many different applications :)
Just turn it on you hose with cone shape, like protector.
It will work same time with same (or even better) quality. :)

Protectors... just make gift to somebody :)

P.S. as I heard - many technical divers (at least in our country) do not like to use protectors, because it is difficult to see, what is under this protector... and also protectors collect salt crystals between them and hose.

Don’t use hose protectors. They are a waste of money, let corrosion build up without you knowing, and don’t even protect the hoses really

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom