How to do a search on the boards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ohana

Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon, all!

I am looking for feedback on two resorts and tried to search the boards here. I am having trouble JUST SEARCHING the forums, however. Instead, the search is searching the entire scuba board site. I don't want to post my questions yet because I'm fairly certain they've already been addressed. Is there a way to search just the forums? TIA!

In the Search window about 1/2 down is the Search in Forums window. Select a likely forum or subforum for your specified resorts there.

Or pick a regional forum area and check the Search in Child Forums box below the window to search all that apply. It usually already is checked by default.

The built-in Xenforo search is not the best.

I search in Google and add Scubaboard at the end. Found it to be easier.

Bob
I do exactly what Bob does above. I have much better results than using the search button.

I do exactly what Bob does above. I have much better results than using the search button.
or do an advanced search in google, there is an option to search a website, just type in scubaboard.com there.

google "subject" site:Scubaboard.com works.​
They index us nightly or more often.

Thanks all... just trying to avoid asking questions that have already been answered

Searching the archive a little is wonderful. It let's me fine-tune my question without wasting time on the most obvious answers which are common knowledge and well documented on the forum already.

That said... Feel free to post liberally. We all love talking scuba diving.

(I too use Google to search within scubaboard.com... History would show I referenced sb 7 times today while looking for CO analyzers, tank bands and gas planning strategies. Also tank buoyancy characteristics and SAC rates)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom