Question How to attach stuff to lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It will be my primary. I also have a backup that I need to figure out how to attach, but I don't even have a bolt snap for it yet. 😂

Would a nylon zip tie be appropriate for attaching the bolt snap?
I would try to see if you could get a handle for your primary light, that would be the best. Zip ties are will
fatigue and break. Here’s a good vid on bolt snaps and how to tie them. I would set up your backup like his.

I've watched a couple of videos that say to use a nylon string and a lighter to melt the ends. that sounds complicated and not particularly sturdy. Is that really the best way?
Yes, it's the best way. The line is knotted. Melting the end is just to tie up the loose ends.

For a dive where it's always on, this is a great addition:
Still need a boltsnap for when you remove the glove.

For a dive where it's always on, this is a great addition:
Still need a boltsnap for when you remove the glove.
My light actually came with a glove like this!

The problem with such gloves is that you can’t easily move the light to the other hand, thus having the beam waving wildly about when you need to use your left hand for anything except holding the light.

+1 to attaching the boltsnap with nylon line.

You can also use your computer or slate strap/bungee to attach the boltsnap to when you have it in your hand, if you are afraid to drop it. You can even just shorten the lanyard and tie it (or a loop of bungee) around your wrist and use that as an attachment point.

Or, go all the way in and get a Goodman handle or something like the quick-detaching Razor or Diverite gloves, if you are more the “yay!! Toys!!!” type of person.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom