How thick is your wetsuit? (An unofficial poll)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3mm for tropical
5mm sometimes for tropical and a little cooler
7mm for when it starts to get cold...and
dry suit for when it is cold

3mm and 7mm fullsuit, plus a 3mm hooded vest that I can put under either of the two and I also have various thickness hoods going up to a 12mm custom.

What I wear depends on the dive profiles as well as water temp. For example, when cave diving in Mexico we wore 7mm fullsuits and hoods like most people even though the water was 77 deg F because the dives were so long (1-2 hours) and sometimes back to back.

3/2 full, 5/4 full, 5/3 hooded vest...these pieces let me dive all year round in any condition in Florida as well as summertime in a place like California.

Cheers.

-J.-

I have a 3/2 for spring and fall diving in FL. I wear it in the summer when I am shooting, as I have gotten fire coral too many times trying to get the shot. I have a 3mm shorty that goes over the full if need be. I have a full 5mm for winter diving. I am thinking of getting a hood this winter. I had a full 7mm with a hood when I was living in San Fran.

Back
Top Bottom