How thick is your wetsuit? (An unofficial poll)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What type and thickness is your wetsuit and what temps can you dive comfortably? Also, how thick are your gloves, boots and hood?

I use a Seaquest 3/2 mm for all caribbean, Thailand and Hawaii diving. Have tried a 3mm hood recently and that worked down to 76 F on the Oriskany during the summer.

Just bought a Tilos 7/5 for winter diving in the Gulf and a 6.5mm hood. Not tested that combo yet.

I have a 3mm, a 5mm and a 7mm....covers all the bases.

I wear a 3mm with no gloves or hood and 3mm short booties. When I dive the springs at 72º I get the shivers after about 30 minutes under. Anything from that up to 80º and the suit is perfect.

I have a 5 mm wetsuit. I use 3mm gloves and bootties, and a ? 2mm hood. I generally dive in tropical waters (28 to 30 degrees). When temperature goes down to 25 degrees, I usually put an aeroskin under my wetsuit.

I know what you think.... but I hate to be cold.

Started with 7mm (FJ) got down to 55F, dove dry to 34F (ice), moved to tropics where shorts and rash guard are good 95% of the time. I wear my 3mm shorty at 78F or below.

I have a 3mm shorty for pool stuff (modesty), and a 5/4/3mm for high 60's to mid-70's. Colder than that I use a 7mm and warmer than that (Bahamas in late summer--80's) I use either a shorty, skin or just a rash guard. I don't get cold very easy.

I have a 3mm Pinnacle Merino, and a 5/4mm Bare, with 6.5 mm hood, and 6.5mm gloves. With the 5mm wearing the hood and gloves, i have been relatively comfortable for 40 min at a minimum temp of 55 degrees

I have a 3 mil and a 6 mil wetsuit, 2 and 6 mil gloves a 5/3 hood and for when it is really cold a drysuit.

I have a 3mm, a 5mm and a 7mm....covers all the bases.

Same here along with a shorty and several different hooded vests to mix and match.
3 & 5mm gloves, 7mm booties, 5 & 7mm hoods and a 2mm beanie.

When the average temp of the dive is below 50F I will go dry and sometimes when it's warmer.

For most of us there is no 1 suit, it's about a wardrobe. My local water can go from the 30sF to the upper 70s and then there is travel. :)

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom