How should I mount my pony to my main tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dhampton82:
I thought about slinging the bottle, but I think it would be in my way a little, Since most of my diving is recreational diving done in the springs, no deeper then 50' or so, I fear that if I do sling the bottle and find it kinda in my way, I will discontinue use of the bottle just for comfort reasons.

A single tank on your side does not get in the way. And if it does, discontinuing use of it might not be a bad idea anyhow. Why would you need a pony bottle at 50'?

Soggy:
A single tank on your side does not get in the way. And if it does, discontinuing use of it might not be a bad idea anyhow. Why would you need a pony bottle at 50'?

Hmm...... Poster is in Florida. Says he will be diving "the springs" Maybe he wants a pony as there will be rock above his head??

ianr33:
Hmm...... Poster is in Florida. Says he will be diving "the springs" Maybe he wants a pony as there will be rock above his head??

If there is rock over his head, he should not be diving a single tank. His profile also states that he has 8 logged dives.

Profile updating has been disabled for quite some time.

TheRedHead:

"About Me" is not disabled, to the best of my knowledge. But even so....He joined in May of this year. In 3 months, I doubt he's made it from open water to cave certified.

At 50 ft, there is absolutely no need for a pony. If one still insists on using it, back mounting is not the best option. Side sling it so you can see and have access to it. A small tank like a 19 will be nearly imperceptible.

TheRedHead:

Profile working or not....SB like other forums breeds those whom like to play with your 'mind' and those ussually are the ones whom fab all sorts or just amazing bio stats. Also many 'toilet bowl' divers lurk the forum just willing to 'help' you out. Just my oppion. Having said all that there are MANY super folks here on SB that are very helpful and genuine. :)

Got my butt reamed recently about a profile comment. The person sounded like a very new diver too.

I have given up trying to make anyone see the logic of slinging. It's actually very easy. To me, it seems harder to come up with a new system for deploying a pony rather than using a tried and true one used with deco bottles. The answer you get is "I'm not interested in tech diving."

texdiveguy:
Also many 'toilet bowl' divers lurk the forum just willing to 'help' you out.

lol

I think the assumptions about the Quick Draw vs. sling are inaccurate. You don't remove a sling bottle. I can see a lot of problems with giving someone a bottle to use and hold.

Back
Top Bottom