Question How old are you and how long certified? Poll- please take part!

How old are you and how long certified?

• 10-18

Votes: 13 1.3%
  • 19-29

Votes: 81 8.4%
  • 30-39

Votes: 153 15.8%
  • 40-49

Votes: 199 20.5%
  • 50-59

Votes: 231 23.8%
  • 60-69

Votes: 213 22.0%
  • 70-79

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 80-89

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • 90 and over

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m 53. I’m old enough to remember stuff about Cousteau on TV in the 70s and early 80s. I mentioned Cousteau to a diver who is maybe early-mid 30W recently and they had no idea who he was.
…Pity… I do appreciate my association with the world of beautiful waters and incredible mysteries hidden beneath the waves…I can count 2 sunken U-Boats off of North Carolina on my repertoire of favorite dive sites.
giantfroginthepool
Scott G. Bonser, Harrellsville, NC

42 years old, certified in 2000 through UC Berkeley's program including diving in Monterey, then subsequently dived mostly on vacation in the tropics, including Derewan (Indonesia), Hawaii, and Cabo. Getting back into cold water diving after starting open water swimming. I can understand why open water swimming is appealing to older folks but given how much gear is lugged for diving I am impressed by the many older folks that are still actively diving - kudos!
…never thought I would make it to this age ( 63 ) but I feel better than I have in years. Limited, yes, but ready to get wet…..
giantfroginthepool
Scott G. Bonser, Harrellsville, NC

Certified in 1985---2300+ dives and slowing down....

I'm 63, got my first certification (NASDS) in 1976. Lots of diving until the early eighties then my career got in the way. Got back into diving in 2011, got hooked on the great lakes wrecks—that led me down the path to tech diving ~ 2000 dives since then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom