Question How old are you and how long certified? Poll- please take part!

How old are you and how long certified?

• 10-18

Votes: 13 1.3%
  • 19-29

Votes: 81 8.4%
  • 30-39

Votes: 153 15.8%
  • 40-49

Votes: 199 20.5%
  • 50-59

Votes: 231 23.8%
  • 60-69

Votes: 213 22.0%
  • 70-79

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 80-89

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • 90 and over

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My job then did not require diving. It was Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution; they were serious about diving, and required AAUS and considerable training to dive as part of one's work. Post certification, I did evolve some of my work to include diving.

Oh, you were at WHOI? Wow, that's great. I knew the DSO at WHOI in the 80's, Teri Rioux, very well and we dove at WHOI way back then. I think Teri retired long time ago.

I was trained as an instructor at the URI GSO and was staff in their instructor training programs and ran other training programs with them way back then, late 80's and all through the 90's.

Thanks.

A young guy asked me the other day after a fast drift dive " how do stay so still while you drift"? , I thought and almost said "if you see no bubbles, you know I have died".:wink:
Nothing to do with buoyancy and breath control.

Edit: Just had a thought, it was an afternoon dive so past my nap time, I may have had a little snooze. 💤

I just read this morning and literally laughed out loud. The visuals of what you describe will be stuck in my head. Kind of like burping up the pleasant smoky taste of barbecue the rest of the day.

I'm 37 and got OW certified in March 2012. I have done 50 dives so far. 95% of my diving has been around Victoria, BC and the Saanich Inlet. But I have also done a couple of warm water dives in Redondo Beach, California and Oahu, Hawaii. Life forced me to put diving on the backburner for several years, but I am getting ready to do more diving this summer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom