How much is this worth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaInChicago

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Saw this the other day and thought it would be cool if there's a way to service the reg.

3G63Fc3N65G95K75Hdd3u085925c80f0b14cc.jpg

3Lf3M13Hc5Nf5Gc5Mbd3uae392553f6621dc6.jpg

3Kd3G73H55Kc5Hb5Mbd3ub12809fb7e551a82.jpg

Don't konw what they are worth. I'd buy those sell the reg and manifolds install K-valves and dive them as ID's.

The regulator can be easily serviced. It is just a DA Aqua Master. It is very common and parts are available from VintageDoubleHose.com. Bryan can service it for you. It is a very good and reliable regulator.

The tanks looks like small 50 cuft or similar. That is a great set of small doubles. The backpack is backwards and the manifold outlet was rotated to the top position. It is better for the outlet to be rotated so that it is below the opening knob.

I would just replace the backpack with a basic harness. I don't like basic harness on single tanks, but on doubles I think it very comfortable.

Are those steel tanks? The Reg can be serviced nicely at VDH if you can't do it yourself. I have a thread with some great tips I received from members here on how to get those tanks looking good if they're steel. After restoration, this rig can fetch a nice price at auction.

I would say they are worth $2,000!

---------- Post added April 2nd, 2013 at 09:59 AM ----------

Oh wait a minute April fools was yeasterday!

The cylinders are old AL6351 63 cuft cylinders made circa 1980 (aka the bad alloy). See the sticky post at the top of tank forum for the care and feeding of such cylinders.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom