How much extra would you pay to rent a 100cf tank vs an 80cf tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The OP said it's a 1 week trip and he managed to break an hour on Bonaire with 80s.

$360 and $15 per cylinder is 24 dives. I suspect a 100 for the first deep dive of the day would serve him well for $75.

A little more experience, perhaps some professional coaching, skindiving and singing to tone the diaphragm will make it all good by the next trip.

As for doing the walls on your OW certification be sure to brief the DM. In the end it sounds like you have more going for you than many dozen dive AOW wonders. Listen to the voice.

Pete

My wife/buddy uses practically no air though and my air is usually the gating time on our dives.

Ever considered sharing air with your wife to even it out?

Most "first" dives in Cayman are to around 100 feet for 15 minutes then up to the anchor point at around 60 feet where you can hang around until you get bored. That would be a good place to do an air share.

Sharing in this way seems to be a bit controversial around here but I see nothing wrong with it provided nobody goes below a rock bottom turn pressure. (Around 1300 psi @100 feet and 900 psi @ 60 feet on an Al 80)

If you did that I would tell the divemaster in advance.

Do you know what your SAC typically is?

.. I suspect a 100 for the first deep dive of the day would serve him well for $75. ..
Pete
Thanks Pete,
That's my plan at this point. In fact, I'll even pay the $18 to make it 100cf of Nitrox for the first dive, then switch over to 21% 80's for the next 2, 3 or 4 shallower dives of the day. Of course then my wife will want to be sipping Nitrox too..

Ever considered sharing air with your wife to even it out?
Do you know what your SAC typically is?
I don't think it would work out with the air sharing.. Maybe if I could switch tanks with her 2/3rds of the way through.. I'll ask her. :D

My SAC for dry suit dives in California and Massachusetts is about .8 to 1.0
In Bonaire it is about .6 to .7.. some dives a bit lower.

I don't think it would work out with the air sharing.. Maybe if I could switch tanks with her 2/3rds of the way through.. I'll ask her. :D

My SAC for dry suit dives in California and Massachusetts is about .8 to 1.0
In Bonaire it is about .6 to .7.. some dives a bit lower.

No need to switch cylinders if you are diving in good form.

My wife is the bigger air user. In Bonaire for instance we headed up current for the deeper half of the dive. When she hit 50% she'd take my alternate. When I hit 50% she went back on her own air and we ascended 10-30 feet to cruise home with the current at the lesser depth and lighter air demand. Diving that way we both got out with adequate reserves and made the most of the dive.

We'll do the same thing on local dives at times.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom