• you and a buddy

Votes: 94 74.6%
  • three other divers

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • more than three other divers

Votes: 6 4.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I enjoy diving with my buddy. (6 years now)
He and I have both been diving for 30 years.
We are both avid wreck divers.
We are both instructors.
We dress ourselves, pretty much independantly,
but are watching sliently, not speaking, unless a problem is noticed. We don't have to ask for help with the shoulder zipper on the drysuit. We know each other so well, we recognise when our partner is ready, and are already there to assist.
The predive check is now routine, we don't rig our gear identically, but we both know where everything should be on our partner.

Underwater we know where our partner should be should be.
I don't have to look around for him, nor him , for me.

There is a comfort and enjoyment of diving with a compitant partner whom you can rely on, and don't have to baby sit.

Mike D:blfish:

Prefer to dive with my buddy as like the prior post ,we no where everything is on each other. We also no where the other one is while diving. However we do take out one or two more on occasions especially if they are new divers. Kevin generally will be leader and I keep track of the other end. There has been some instances when the rototillers have been out in full force and it can be a challenge but it works for us. We do talk about staying off the bottom when on the surface after the dives.

chuckrt

I have discovered that diving in groups can be a pain. If the group leader sets out some basic rules and guidlines for the dive, and then its just up to you and your buddy to start and complete the dive, its OK. I just dont like when the whole group goes down at once, has to stay together, and then surface together. Too much commotion.

I prefer to dive with my current dive buddy and maybe one other diver. Then its easier to keep tabs on each other and you can remain more focused on the dive.

Diving with a buddy (especially a familiar, trustworthy buddy) is the most pleasurable and certainly the safest diving. In group dives such as resort area boat dive "tours" etc, I prefer to hookup with another experienced diver with recent experience. If such a person isn't available, I dive solo. Just too many unpleasant experiences with inexperienced or rusty divers. IMO, buddy diving means buddy diving. In a threesome, somebody doesn't have a buddy. But that may be okay, if the "odd man out" is qualified to dive solo.

Prefer to dive with my buddy and that’s all. Tried to dive with a diver I met on the boards but found that they where not as experienced as my buddy and I. We like to try to add to our knowledge with each dive and they where still trying to get down.

Meeting with a group is great for the surface time but underwater it’s just my buddy and me.

My girlfriend and I enjoy diving with each other. We enjoy the company of friends along on the dive but we regulate to diving in our own twosome.

AquaDog
Dive Hard

Well, I don't mind a group of six or so and then just sticking with my buddy. Then again diving with just your buddy is pretty fun too. As long as the other people don't get in my way, kick me in the head, kick up sand, etc... then I don't mind them there.

Back
Top Bottom