• you and a buddy

Votes: 94 74.6%
  • three other divers

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • more than three other divers

Votes: 6 4.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver30

Reaction score
I was just wandering if u dive alone or prefer to dive in a group i personally like diving in doubles and feel uncomfy in threes weird i no ur opinions please

If you are talking about how many people I stay with while underwater, I prefer only 1 buddy because the vis is often bad enough where I dive that it becomes really hard to keep more than one other peron in sight. With more than one buddy, it becomes way too easy to get separated from one of them. (However, in good vis, it's nice to sometimes dive in a group of 3 or 4.)

On the other hand, if you are talking about the number of people going diving at the site altogether, I prefer more than 1. It is fun to go diving with a group of people; we just split off into 2-person buddy-teams when we are in the water. I feel safer that way, because with a group, there is usually someone on the surface, and if something happens to me or my buddy, I know there will be other people nearby who can help deal with the situation. If just me and one other person dive at a site, I worry about not having anyone else around who would miss us if we didn't return to the surface in a reasonable amount of time, or help us out in the event of an emergency.

anymore and it is a pain the as- to keep up with the others. I was in a group of divers this weekend and it was a big pain.. 1 is plenty...Thank you.

Rich :mean:

I think the real answer to this is .... it depends. While I've dived with groups of say 6 or 7 and had a tough time getting everyone to stay together, diving with a group of mates can be a real blast.

Just me and my buddy. Equally as much fun. I think it's all down to conditions, experience of divers, and of course what you are planning to do during the dive. I wouldn't fancy a group of 8 on a 30m cavern dive.

As long as it's good, safe fun.

Locally I prefer just my buddy and I. Low vis doesn't lend itself to groups very well. But like otter-cat, I enjoy a group of divers at the dive site itself.

On a dive trip to clear water, I prefer small groups of maybe 6 divers or less but still maintain our buddy team.

hey all
for me it dosent matter how meny i dive with but i only stick with 1 buddie on the bottem it is easear that way .
for instance tonight we went for a shore dive , 3 of us and it always seemed like my buddie and i were always loking for our other buddie who was ither on top looking for us or on the bottem when we were on top looking for him , but at least we got wet ! vis sucked as it was flood tide and a shallow dive of 22 ft but we had fun :D

Not fussed about how many. Only problem with a large group is when people don't keep station. Provided each buddy team is a few yards apart, there's no problem. However, I remember one dive when some idiot, who kept leaving his buddy and weaving around the rest of the group of 6, must have either kicked or knocked my reg out of my mouth about 3 times. I would gladly have been diving solo at that point!

my point exactly u always get one divee who wrecks everything which is why i like just me and me buddy have u dived dorethea welsh man ?

I just got back from diving in Mexico with my 3 sons(10,12,13years old) and my wife! Well vis was down to 30' and we had a good current. My sons are all pretty experienced in San Diego waters but my wife is a dive wimp, only warm water and clear, needless to say it was trying on my nerves... Even though my wife said she's OK I aborted the dive and went out with just my 12 and 13yo and had a great dive. My wife thanked me later as the current was a little more swift as we went a little further offshore. It's like climbing, the most experienced is the leader and has final say no matter what the others say...

Back
Top Bottom