How many old snorkel threads can one resuscitate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Surely there are more pressing issues to post about Dale?

There may not be any stupid questions but I guess there are worn out ones.

Some observations ...

There are no stupid questions ... although there are plenty of stupid responses.

Topics are only "worn out" for those who have read them.

A board this size gets new members every day. The majority of those are not only new divers, but many are new to how to navigate their way around a board like this one. Even back in 2002, when I joined, finding your way around ScubaBoard was rather intimidating to the uninitiated.

Most folks don't really want to wade through 300+ thousand old threads (if they even know how) to find out what someone thought back in 2006. Most probably don't even know how.

Searching for old answers isn't nearly as much fun as starting a topic and getting fresh ones.

People come here to have fun.

If the topic is worn out to you, don't bother reading it. Let others have a chance to express an opinion ... it's more fun that way ... for everybody.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I count 4 for Dennis S. Can his record be beaten?

The number of old threads raised is directly proportional to the number of posts bitching about resurrected threads. The biggest difference between the two is that people are likely learning something about diving from resurrected threads, while threads such as this really don't provide any value.

Well, my tongue in cheek thread was in response to the sudden proliferation of old snorkel threads arising from the dead and someone wondering why. A quick glimpse revealed that the same poster (not a new diver) was dredging them up in order to post, pretty well, the same response. It was not a knock against new divers asking legitimate questions.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom