How many of you love diving with your spouse?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Wife and I dive together.
When we do...I'm usually holding her hand; She's a new diver.

When we are not diving...I'm usually holding her hand; that never gets old. :)

My wife and me have done all courses together, and 99% of the time, we're buddies.
Only time we don't dive together was when we have been through surgery... Both are dedicated UW photographers, still amateurs, but great fun. Hopefully we can continue diving for many years...... I just turned 60, she's 48, and we currently have no plans quitting. .

My Wife and I dive together.
When we do...I'm usually holding her hand; She's a new diver.

When we are not diving...I'm usually holding her hand; that never gets old. :)

Hey that's great! A true sign of a gentleman.

Is something suppose to happen when someone pulls your finger?

My husband and I learned to dive together 18 years ago. I love traveling and diving with him. Virtually all our vacations center around diving (all over the Caribbean, Palau, Fiji, Indonesia), which I really enjoy. The day will inevitably come when, because of our health, we may not be able to go on these kinds of trips anymore, so we do this while we can. I never go with another dive buddy. My husband generally is protective and careful with me. When I had a bad shoulder prior to shoulder replacement surgery, he helped me get my wetsuit on and off, and would take my bcd out of the water for me, making it possible for me to dive. What drives me a little nuts is when he wanders a little far afield from me (he is usually behind). He also likes to sing and make operatic noises underwater; I like the quiet!! He also runs out of air much quicker than I - I wonder why?! I feel very fortunate that we have this activity we both love so much that we can do together!

I dive with my partner Geoff a lot especially on wrecks and in caves. I am a cave level instructor going for adv cave he is a cavern instructor. I do my own holidays when it is "fish and flowers" but he always loves the wreck and cave trips like Truk, Bikini and Mexico which we do together. We cave dive together in Australia in Mt Gambier as well. fantastic having a buddy you can totally trust and can call a dive on if required.

Mine isn't interested in diving, but she likes the ocean, aquatic life, snorkeling, springs, hanging out at the parks, etc.

This weekend we're going camping at one of the spring parks, going to do some snorkeling, might get a good cave dive in by myself. The next day a buddy is meeting us at the park for a full day of cave diving, while she hangs out at the waters edge and relaxes.

It all works out. I quit pushing the subject a while ago.

My wife and I learned to dive together, doing our OW, AOW and Nitrox certificates together. We started 5 years ago at fairly advanced ages and have basically done two dive holidays a year, mostly on liveaboards, since then. We have been to all sorts of great places - Palau (twice), Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, New Guinea, Indonesia including Lembongan, Komodo, Banda Islands and Raja Ampat.
We are dive buddies whenever possible, the non-possible being when my wife doesn't want to do as many dives as I do. She limits herself to 3 dives a day while I like to do 4. I also like night diving which she doesn't. I do most of the photography and videoing. Keeping together underwater can be a bit of a struggle at times - she often seems to want to go deeper or shallower than me. She also runs out of air faster and still has bouyancy issues sometimes, mainly being too light at the end of the dive (with the near empty tank). Last holiday she couldn't fight the current our dive master wanted us to and had to drift away to the surface, at least waving me goodbye as she went. We do hold hands once in a while, above and below the surface. We haven't booked anything yet for our next holiday - saving for our daughter's wedding and my wife not as keen on more diving as I am. I'm still working on revving up her enthusiasm.

My husband and I learned to dive together 18 years ago. I love traveling and diving with him. Virtually all our vacations center around diving (all over the Caribbean, Palau, Fiji, Indonesia), which I really enjoy. The day will inevitably come when, because of our health, we may not be able to go on these kinds of trips anymore, so we do this while we can. I never go with another dive buddy. My husband generally is protective and careful with me. When I had a bad shoulder prior to shoulder replacement surgery, he helped me get my wetsuit on and off, and would take my bcd out of the water for me, making it possible for me to dive. What drives me a little nuts is when he wanders a little far afield from me (he is usually behind). He also likes to sing and make operatic noises underwater; I like the quiet!! He also runs out of air much quicker than I - I wonder why?! I feel very fortunate that we have this activity we both love so much that we can do together!

I would think that he uses more air in order to perform his under water concerto!

I like to hear stories like this, it reminds one how considerate and thoughtful are spouses can be. Its funny how an activity such as diving can bring these qualities out.

Thanks for sharing,
Frank G
Z GEAR - Z Gear

I have always said that any dive I do with my husband is a better dive than one without him. I guess I feel that way about pretty much anything. To me it is always more enjoyable if we do it together. I like to get underwater hugs and we sometimes hold hands just for the fun of it. I seldom need to hold anybody's hand as I take pride in being a self sufficient and competent diver.

He has said for years that he enjoys diving without me sometimes because he feels a bit more relaxed and doesn't "worry" about other dive buddies as much. I told him a number of years ago that I didn't understand why he felt that way because I am a competent diver and don't feel it is necessary for anyone to "worry" about me. A while ago my husband had to conduct a search and rescue of another diver. The experience was pretty traumatic for him. Now I understand what he meant because it is now me who is double checking and "worrying" about him when we dive together.

I would still rather dive with hubby than anyone else. We have similar interests, similar gas consumption but we are a bit unusual in that I am much more keen to dive than he is.

Back
Top Bottom