How many military/ex-military people on the board?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arthritic knees and hips equals 8 years Army Airborne

baltimoron:
If I even mentioned to my safta the idea of writing down her story, I would get an earful. ("How dare you even suggest that!!! Writing down my story for all to see and embarrassing myself so!?!").

Even so, her story is an important part of historic events of our time. "First person" memories of these events need to be saved before they fade away. Ask her to record her story as a duty to the history of the nation of Israel, if nothing else.

BJD

4 years so far in US Field Artillery.

What? What did you say? I can't hear you?

(Note to self: Start using earplugs.)
(Response: Nevermind, you're underwater. You're not going deaf yet.)
(Counter-thought: Who said that?)

Army ROTC in college (Counter-guerrilla Corps = junior snake-eaters)--Navy AVROC and basic flt--big RIF--Air Force Combat Air Rescue 31ARRS Clark AFB (TDY to the war)--bunch of years with "The Company" aviation branch--funny how time flies

Here's to all the lads and lasses who are out there serving their nation and protecting its people. Thanks be to God for our warriors, for they keep us all free!

BJD

Thank You for asking. A three eight month tour Viet Vet. Six years U.S, Navy. I thank you all for your service............

Retired Aircewman from a USN P-3 Squadron in January 04 after 21 years. Lots of great opportunities to dive on detachments in some exotic places. Belize, Curaco, Puerto Rico, San Diego, Japan, Guam.

US Navy, 1978-1982. Helicopter anti-submarine warfare jet engine and airframe mechanic. Tried to re-up as EOD or SEAL but I had a problem with authority, so they didn't want to spend the money for further training. THEY said, and then I begged to differ!

CF started in 1979 as IE Tech MOC 551 Pte, Reg Force. Went back to school and did the infantry thing serving with the Hastings and Prince Edwards Regt and the Royal Westminister Regt. Left the infantry as a Sgt Sect Commander Recce Ptl and became a Officer reg force MOC 43A finished as a Capt OC Admin Sqn with 2 CER . Served with the SSF and 2 CMBG Petawawa. Retired 1998 and a day. Almost went back (twice) The recruiting office screwed that idea up so I decided to just stay in sunny ( excuse me windy) Florida instructing Diving

former zipperhead....8th Canadian Hussars (PL) and Lord Strathcona's Horse (RC) late 70's early 80's when the AVGP still had six wheels and the Leopard was state of the art....now I put out fires and people love to see the big red truck roll up...125 years of tradition unimpeded by progress..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom