How many military/ex-military people on the board?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott Riemer:
USMC 1986-1990
7212 Stinger (Missile) Gunner
"Some people go through their entire life wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem."-Ronald Reagan

Yep, the Marines know they make a difference by opening the doors on aircraft carriers for Navy pilots so that they won't have to damage their sensitive wrists . . . !!!!

Just kidding, Scott. Just thought I'd take a jab at two of the best bunch of people in the world at the same time.

Have the highest respect for both Marines and Navy Pilots, but moreso for Marine, carrier qualified pilots - they know how to shoot a rifle.

The Kracken:
Have the highest respect for both Marines and Navy Pilots, but moreso for Marine, carrier qualified pilots - they know how to shoot a rifle.

They don't shoot the rifle.
They shoot the person holding the rifle.

Ah so . . .
But a Marine is a rifleman first.
Two Marine pilots with EXACTLY the same time in grade and qualifications:
One shoots expert at qualification, the other shoots sharpshooter . . .
The one who shot expert will always be paid more than the one who shot sharpshooter . . . at least that's the way it was way back when

But, we digress . . .
back on track . . .

Viet Nam - Helicopter pilot; 1969-70 15th Medevac, 1st Cav; 1970-71 "B" Co., 229th Aviation Bn., 1st Cav (assault)

Currently active (only 1 1/2 months left) This is my 6th year as a Seabee in the Navy, (construction electrician). My wife is also active serving as a master at arms. I get out and she's taking us to Hawaii, where I'll be a Dependant, that's right, I said Dependant. Hope to finish my college there and apply for a commission with the army, that is of course after all the diving in Hawaii is over with.

US Navy. Fireman. Was on the USS NewOrleens when it picked up Apalo 14.

jafo123

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom