• 500 - 1000 - I'm a diving guru

Votes: 55 8.0%
  • 1000+ I taught Cousteau

Votes: 25 3.6%
  • 2000+ Cousteau, that whipper snapper

Votes: 7 1.0%
  • 3000+ I dived with the dinosaurs

Votes: 18 2.6%
  • 0 - I don't have any idea how many dives I've made.

Votes: 3 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just wanted to see the diversity.... I log all my dives and was surprised at the number...

So, how many people actually took the time to go back and figure it out????

Took me a while to figure it out personally... :D

Originally posted by wheezy
Took me a while to figure it out personally...

???

I guess your log book doesn't have a 'dive number' space at the top of each page.

I get asked for the number of dives and/or the number of dives this year pretty much every time I dive, so I keep track of the totals.

Z

hmmm logged dives....
I just completed my 32nd dive today in lake Jocassee. Water temp. was 52 degrees @ 37ffw... a little chilly...
as far as actual "logged" dives, I only have 5, that which were required for ow certification. As I solo dive most of the time, I have "logged" dives, but not "logged" dives..:(
;-0

177. Most in the cold waters of the Pacific Northwest. I don't count my dives in confined water. I help teach classes every week but I don't log the dives in the pool otherwise I would have a lot more. I do log every open water dive, not so much to achieve any particular level but more for a record of conditions, things to see and record of where I've been. I usually figure a dive as 20 feet for 20 minutes but that is just my method. I've heard 10 for 10 and anytime you breath compressed air (DAN definition).

Scott

I'll accept the 'rookie' tag, but I have to be honest and say that I'm not as 'rookie' as some of the others I've shared boat dives with. Upsets me to see them destroying the environment because of their inability to control their buoyancy. Although seeing them later with a bright red rash is sometimes compensation enough.

Kind of depressing to think that the thirteen (13) dives I have scheduled in Cancun this month won't move me up into the next category.

Originally posted by 100days-a-year
Logging dives to me is like a specialty it's cool if you like it but not everyone likes spearfishing,photography or U/W ukelele playing either.

I would like to get my hands on one of those U/W ukelele's

Sure wish I'd logged every dive, even when I had five classes a day, two 20 minute dive tours for each.
But then I was so cold, wet and rushed that it's a wonder that I survived.
That's how you rack up 3,000 (technical dives). But then working on a dive boat, you dive enough to be a "W" or "X" diver, seven days a week, for minimum wage.
And now folks wonder that I can't handle more than two dives a day, even tho' I live on a boat with a scuba compressor!
Ah, can I be a nitrogen junkie?
Cheers,
Melissa-who'll-one-day-figure-out-this-complicated-Board

Originally posted by bjp63
Upsets me to see them destroying the environment because of their inability to control their buoyancy.

bjp, I understand your feelings. I just recieved my OW cert a couple of months ago and the very first thing I did was take the peak performance buoyancy specialty course. I didnt want to be that jerk that dive bombed the reef while everyone else cringed and shook thier head.

I have all my dives logged on my Suunto Dive Manager program, including pool dives. My logbook only has OW dives logged, which is only 4. As a new diver I use pool dives primarily to test new gear configurations and weight requirements for different wet suits. Its important to record all of this for when I dive the local lakes.

I don't know for sure. I guess I'll have to start by updating my log book again from my note book...it's about that time of year.

I just wish I had more time to dive...oh yeah, I have to work to pay for my diving habit. I knew there was reason for it. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom