How Many Dives in a year will make you happy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1 makes me happy until the next one, and so on and so on and so on…

50 is my average, but 100'd be nice. Alas,for that, more free time, more money, and more fine weather are required. So for me, just better weather would be my choice : over the last 3 years, I've been compelled to cancel about 10 to 15 dives a year. A frustrating business...

Two dives, twice a month for half the year.... so roughly 25. If I lived near the ocean it would be a lot more but I'm in New Mexico.

For me it’s more about diving regularly. I try to dive one weekend a month and if I can’t, I definitely get antsy. I average 45-55 dives a year. Minuscule compared to some, but it works for me & my wife (who doesn’t dive).

Living in Michigan makes this question a mental challenge. If I could do an 11 to 14 day warm weather dive (every day) vacation every 5 to 7 weeks and mix with local 2 to 3 day local dives every two weeks that would go a long way to making this boy happy!

I'd like to get closer to 25 per year, but with no longer having access to free air fills it is going to be harder than before.

I'll get around 50 this year and I'm good with it. It's not so much the # of dives but the quality and the duration. At least to me.

My last lob limited dives to 50 minutes and over 23 dives I probably left close to 8 hrs of bottom time.

Back
Top Bottom