How many dives do you do on a dive day?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fun dives? 1 or 2 a day.

Teaching? 2-5.

I've only done 2 dives per day. The expense of overthing else is just to much not to get in more than one dive. I would probably only do 3 dives if I had no travel obligation (though I nearly did 3 yesterday).

i would love to do atleast 2 dives/day (on a weekend of fun dive)...although i only had 1 dive/day on my last fun dive...well, lucky for me to have atleast 1/day on that weekend...i still wish to do more dives/day in the future...

-lai-

On most dive days, I will dive 2 dives in the morning and then do something else in the afternoon unless it's really boring. I may do a 3rd shallow dive in the afternoon in that case or a night dive. I did 4 dives in a day before and it was tiring. I met some seniors who were doing 4 dives per day for an entire week. Don't know how they did it.

When diving locally on the weekends, I do at least two a day, three if I am able to get in a night dive. While diving on vacation, sans drysuit, I try to get four to five if possible. My thought is: If you go through the work of hauling your gear to the dive site, and have to rinse it all out when you get home, you might as well get as many dives in as you can.

At the quarry I will typically do 3 or 4 dives a day. At a resort or on a liveaboard I'll do 4 to 5 (including night dives).

I love to be narced.

If I'm getting my gear ready I'd like to get in at least two, if not three dives. Of course, while I live in Florida diving is usually a several hour trip to get to a good spot. If I lived at Lauderdale by the Sea like Marvel, I'd probably do single dives after work by walking out of my "backyard".

On liveaboard trips I'm one of those psychos who makes every dive. My record is 27 dives in 5 1/2 days of diving. The captain made us stop at noon the last day so we could head back to port!

kidspot:
What's your dive schedule like?
Tim

It really depends on who what where and when. We do try to schedule 2 tankers when we're making a day of it. Not all buddies are so inclined and not all days allow for it. I haven't tallied my log but of 72 dives I'll guess there are about 1012 pairs. Usually at a single site but sometimes we went down the road for #2.

Pete

I typically do 2 dives a day locally. When I travel (6+ hours) to the beach, I will dive 3-5 dives a day through the weekend. Depends a lot on if I can get a night dive scheduled. Long trips (live aboards, etc.) I will do 4-5 dives a day. I've done 6 in a day but that was several really shallow dives (but one of my most enjoyable dives 1:25 minutes @ 12 ft along the coast of Grand Cayman).

If all i get is 1 dive in a day anywhere, that day is still a better than a day at work.

Normally 1 dive if it's an evening after work, 2 or 3 for a full day.

Teaching days can be up to 8 dives a day at busy times - 16 cool water dives in a weekend is tough, but then topped off by driving the boat home and cleaning it whilst the students disappear off. That sucks.

Warm water holidays tends to be on average 5 a day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom