How many dives do you do on a dive day?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Usually it's about 2 dives per day and very rarely 3 dives.
First dive around 9-9:30 am, 90 minute surface interval and then we do the second dive.

If it's an expedition sort of trip where we spend the whole weekend in some other part of the island then we'd probably do 3 dives... :D

On my last vacation, on a liveaboard, we did 5 a day for the whole week. I have a trip planned to the Keys in Feb and have reserved 4 a day that whole week, but we'll probably add a night dive or two. When at home, I try to plan on 2 dives, but will do just one if thats all time permits.
C-Dawg

If I'm in an area for the entire day without the need for transiting myself back home, I'll do 3-5 dives. If I have to driver there and/or back home, atleast 2 unless conditions don't allow for a 2nd.

My local beach dives or night dives during the week, one is fine.

I would do at least 2 and would love to get 4 in if possible. Most locations are a long drive and I like to make it worth it.

Tim we averaged 4 dives a day on Maui but we had friends there during our stay so we had to cut back. We also averaged well over 4 hours a day below the surface.

Next time we'll do better.

on vacation I try to dive between 4 and 6 a day but at least 2. here localy I try to get at least 2 in but as the weather gets colder I find myself doing single dives

Aloha
When times are busy, taking certified divers on tours, and doing Discover/introductory dives 5 dives a day. Now is a bit of slack time, and am getting only 2 to 4 dives a day.
I have been averaging. 600 to 900 dives a year, for the last 10 years. I try real hard to keep one day a week, out of the water.
And yes, Pool dives do not count.
Aloha Turtleguy

My buddy and I usually go boat diving and we do at least 2 tanks and some times 3. The couple of shore dives that I have done have been single tanks.

One weekend day, usually Saturday- 3 dives.

Weekends usually 4 tanks a day. Sometimes a night dive thrown in.

Unfortunately I usually only get out 1 weekend a month. 2 if I am lucky.

LJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom