How many dives do you do on a dive day?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot:
I was looking back through my logs of the past year and found that of the 96 dives only 14 were done on days with multiple dives. All the other dives were days where I only had time/buddy for one dive, then went home. Most of my buddies are only up for one dive per day, so I was wondering if this is common, or if most of you pack a bunch of diving in on Saturdays and Holidays?

btw - my usual "potential" dive week would be 1) Single dive between Church services or night dive after church on Sunday 2) Dreaming of 4 dives on Monday or diving with other SB members visiting Maui (my day off, usually no dive buddy :( ) 3) Single dive after work on Wednesday 4) Single dive after work on Thursday

What's your dive schedule like?

Tim

on liveaboards i do 5 dives a day. if its a regular daytrip i will bang out three dives all the time maybe even for if my buds are up to it. ive never had a dive day wherein i had only one dive. imho that would be a waste of a perfectly good day:)

Well.. the most I have done was 3 in one day. Boat dive.

Only a couple of dives on a weekday becuase I have work in the afternoon. I usually reserve weekends for the family but when I do dive, I only do 1 or 2 so I have energy in the afternoon for other activities. Dive trips/ liveaboards, around 3-5 or as many as is allowed or till I'm exhausted.

kidspot:
I was looking back through my logs of the past year and found that of the 96 dives only 14 were done on days with multiple dives. All the other dives were days where I only had time/buddy for one dive, then went home. Most of my buddies are only up for one dive per day, so I was wondering if this is common, or if most of you pack a bunch of diving in on Saturdays and Holidays?

btw - my usual "potential" dive week would be 1) Single dive between Church services or night dive after church on Sunday 2) Dreaming of 4 dives on Monday or diving with other SB members visiting Maui (my day off, usually no dive buddy :( ) 3) Single dive after work on Wednesday 4) Single dive after work on Thursday

What's your dive schedule like?

Tim

hey Tim,
If you're available on your Monday off Nov. 21 how about we make a plan to see if we can set a multi-shore-dive record? :wink: ...providing we can get enough tanks or we pick a site close enough to run back for more.
Other than liveaboards, here at home I typically do 2 dives per day Sat. and/or Sunday, since it's about an hour to the closest site.
In Maui with warm water, warm weather, shallow sites and my assortment of wetsuits up to a 5/4 full, I'm game for doing at least 2, hopefully 3... maybe more?! (conditions/your time permitting of course) PM me! :)

bummer - I just volunteered to fill in for someone at work a few days ago for the 21st & 28th :(

Oh well Tim... I'll just have to set my record with another buddy :wink:
I'll give you a call though and I'm sure sometime during my trip we can fit in at least one dive :)

On a liveaboard in warm water I could normally get 5 in but that seem like pushing it to me, so I usually do 4, or 3 if I don't feel like doing the night dive. (Hey, it's supposed to be a holiday.)

In unforgivingly cold water (anything < 50 degrees) two is usually the sanest number, unless I'm working, wherein sanity goes out the window. You DM candidates will know what I'm talking about.

Back
Top Bottom