How many dives at TwinLakes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in for 28 dives at the Twins. Me, Lisa, lil homey boy, and lil homey girl went to the lakes today. You should see them light up when them fish eat out their hand. Tony, Mike said we just missed ya, maybe next time. BTW Dee, Steve said they caught a fish yesterday that nobody could identify. He said they drug it back to the dock behind the pontoon boat. Something about catch and release only. Any truth to the rumor?:confused:

Homeyllama once bubbled...
I'm in for 28 dives at the Twins. Me, Lisa, lil homey boy, and lil homey girl went to the lakes today. You should see them light up when them fish eat out their hand. Tony, Mike said we just missed ya, maybe next time. BTW Dee, Steve said they caught a fish yesterday that nobody could identify. He said they drug it back to the dock behind the pontoon boat. Something about catch and release only. Any truth to the rumor?:confused:

Unidentified fish or catch and release? Did they release it alive?

Mike does have a catch and release on the bass, I think. As far as I know, anything else goes. I'm keeping my eye on a big Sunperch on the west side that's become my favorite. Hope no one catches him/her! I saw some sort of bass at the bus, looks like a Warmouth in that book you gave me, that I have never seen before.

I have to admit the number of fishermen have dropped alot since the diver count has gone up....good thing!

Fetch once bubbled...
John and I had to dive at Lost Lake today for our DIRF class.

I really wish Discover Scuba would go ahead and send a scout out to TL when the lake is nice, so they'd stop using LL. It is the suck suck suck suck suck :)

OTOH, low vis drills were extremely easy to pull off :wink:

jeff

Even on a very bad day, Twin Lakes is still way better than Lost Lakes or Blue Lagoon. The water is clean and fish and critters live in it!

On the other hand....it's gotten so crowded at TL the last couple of weekends, I don't care if more dive shops don't use it. Except that I know Mike needs the $$ to continue to improve things.

You know, the one that they brought back from the bus hanging on to a rope. Steve said he aint never seen a perch with back plate and wings before. :D

Just pulled my log, 26 dives at TL, 1:13 longest BT, 33ffw deepest. 7 dives from west dock, 17 from south dock, and 2 from the SE corner (scuba point?)

The mobile dock/pontoon boat is the way to dive that bus to be sure. :)

My wife and I have made 4 dives at T.L. Love it. Very convenient and a great set up. Much better than the Blue Lagoon. I hope to get out there next week sometime. Was going to go this week but darn allergies are giving me a fit. I sound like Froggie from the Little Rascals. Maybe I'll see some of you next week Tues or Wed afternoon. If you see a gold colored Plymouth Voyager, stop by and say hi.

Mark

Homeyllama once bubbled...
You know, the one that they brought back from the bus hanging on to a rope. Steve said he aint never seen a perch with back plate and wings before. :D

I missed the 'behind the pontoon boat' part! :eek:ut: I believe it was one those nearsighted black backed perch. I can tell you that baby was fat enough to mess up the trim on the pontoon boat! LOL!

Down to the termocline at 29 so far and 1:08. I hope to double that number by weeks end. (Dives, not depth....) Of course, Tony says we'll bundle up and hit the dark/cold bottom soon..... news (& phlegm) at 11. :eek:ut:

Brenda

It'd be VERY nice if the vis actually got better the deeper you went in TL.

That, alas, has not been my experience to date :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom