How many dives at TwinLakes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fetch once bubbled...
It'd be VERY nice if the vis actually got better the deeper you went in TL.

That, alas, has not been my experience to date :)

Last Saturday, it was actually clearer at 30ft than above!

Yeah, one of the owners of my LDS finally made it out there Sunday. They stayed near to the docks, and he said that the viz was pretty bad. I explained that they should have hopped the road and that the viz would have been much better. He did understand that the rain + classes was what was affecting the viz so badly, just wish that he would have had a better first impression. :(

He did get a chance to chat with Mike though, and said that he wants to get out there when the viz is better to get a real idea of what it's like (when I told him that I can normally see the anchor for the east platform when laying on the platform, he chuckled and said that they had dropped below the platform and that he had to feel for the bottom.)

Ah, well. I'll see you guys tomorrow evening.

Fetch once bubbled...
John and I had to dive at Lost Lake today for our DIRF class.

I really wish Discover Scuba would go ahead and send a scout out to TL when the lake is nice, so they'd stop using LL. It is the suck suck suck suck suck :)

OTOH, low vis drills were extremely easy to pull off :wink:

jeff

After class we still had more than half of our air remaining so me and my buddy went over to TL and did about a 40 minute dive there Sunday. Only bad part about it... we started Sunday off with 254 cft of air and we still have around 112 cft left, even after the TL dive. Dang it! Guess that means we will just hafta go do another dive or three. Sure gotta hate when that happens.

BTW Fetch, I started a post on the DIRF class under the basic scuba discussion forum. Check it out and let me know what you think so far. Please correct any innaccuracies you see. I just have the last portion of the report to finish now, and I will try to post video clips as soon as I get my hands on a copy of the tape (prolly by next weekend).

TDD and CP, you guys up for some more lake work this week?

I wish I could make it to the lakes Sat, but it looks like I won't be making another Sat or Sun dive for quite a while - I'm out of town this weekend and next, and that next week the coffeehouse is opening, so I'll be working 12-18 hour days on weekends until I can get staff in there and trained to the point that I trust them enough to leave for a day (probably won't be until late September or October :( ) I'll probably even have to curtail my weekday dives until then as well...

chrispete once bubbled...
I wish I could make it to the lakes Sat, but it looks like I won't be making another Sat or Sun dive for quite a while - I'm out of town this weekend and next, and that next week the coffeehouse is opening, so I'll be working 12-18 hour days on weekends until I can get staff in there and trained to the point that I trust them enough to leave for a day (probably won't be until late September or October :( ) I'll probably even have to curtail my weekday dives until then as well...

No! No! Say it isn't so! Whatever will you do without those 2 hr drives to the lake? We'll miss ya!

Guess we may just have to have a SE Swampers road trip to a coffee house in the near future!

heh, anytime, the Swampsters' rounds are on the house!

I only have 3 dives for TL.

I'll just have to come down this weekend and try to catch up a bit with some of you guy and gals. I had a good time last time I was there but I'll have to bring some fish food this time. I need to get wet anyways Have been to busy with work and home stuff to get away this month but I plan on makeing up some lost dive time over the next couple of weeks.

If anyones intrested in braving a bit of cold I would like to check out the deaper parts. Would like to get in a dive or two at 50'

Geek

Well Geek,If no one else will go deep and dark with ya ...I will...:wink:
We can start out at the 35` range and swim down the 6-8 ft cliff walls then click on the battery burner and cruise thru the center
till we hit the road.Last time I did it with Tony,( dive that is ),and I came up shivering like a new born pup.But this time, I have an extra suit to put on!I will probly be out around 2pm .I have to get the wife`s car up an running then go get air. Hope we can hook up.See ya then.
Sure is nice seeing you on the board Lovetodive2.We will most certainly blaim Tony for you virginity loss.:D

The Pup, (Brenda) and I hit the cliffs and skimmed the bottom a while Saturday morning. She had no problem with the Dark, prior training at Dangerfeild State Park, but the cold got to her hands a bit. (Gotta get her some thicker gloves! 40/40 with temps down in the upper 50s. (Hey, Steve, diving nakid below 25 is tough, huh?)

tony

Back
Top Bottom