How long should a good pair of fins last? Mares problem with fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can handle replacing of straps and the like, to be honest that's what expected with fins, im starting to think that adding inserts into finsis where my problem lies) is asking for faults to develop though, well its now 3 days since i contacted the place where i purchased them and still no reply, I will give it while monday and then contact the Mares agent for Spain and explain the situation to him/her

Warranty
WHAT IS THE MARES LIMITED WARRANTY PROGRAM?

MARES guarantees, to the original purchase only, that a MARES Product purchased from any Authorized MARES Dealer worldwide will be free of defects in material or workmanship under normal recreational scuba use. All Authorized MARES dealers are listed on Mares - stand for diving.
The MARES Product warranty may differ for each piece of equipment and may differ by model year. Usually it is limited to a period of 2 years from the date of consumer’s purchase of the Product (“Warranty Period&#8221:wink: unless otherwise specified. This date must be verified by a valid sales document (tax receipt or sales receipt). For some categories and countries extended warranty policies not described herein may be applicable (e.g. for regulators, computers).
Warranty claims are only accepted upon return of the defective complete Product with the warranty certificate completed in full and signed by the Authorized MARES dealer, and accompanied by a valid sales document (tax receipt or sales receipt) showing the date of purchase.
MARES reserves the right to refuse free service if the required documentation cannot be provided or if information is incomplete, illegible, or incorrect.

HOW TO SUBMIT WARRANTY CLAIMS UNDER THE MARES WARRANTY PROGRAM?

Warranty claims have to be submitted to the Authorized MARES Dealer where the Product was purchased within two months from detection. The Dealer will deliver the product to Mares.
If the Product had been purchased within the Warranty Period, as evidenced by the documentation requested above, and proves to be defective for any reason (other than those listed in the limitations) MARES will repair or replace the defect Product at its own discretion at no charge with the exception of shipping costs to Mares which is the sole responsibility of the consumer. MARES reserves the right to replace the claimed Product with a similar product of comparable value in case of unavailability of the defect Product. All parts of the product or the product that Mares has replaced shall become the property of MARES.
Any repaired or replaced product (or part) does not extend the original warranty beyond the period of 2 years from original date of purchase.
If the Product is found not to be covered by the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, MARES reserves the right to charge a handling fee.
In case the MARES Product was purchased abroad the regional MARES distributor of your home country will render the respective warranty service (pls. refer to MARES distributors on Mares - stand for diving). Please note that the regional MARES distributor is entitled to charge handling fees and all other freight and duty expenses related to a warranty claim for purchases made abroad.
MARES will refuse warranty service if the Product was purchased via the Internet or NOT purchased from an Authorized MARES dealer as listed on Mares - stand for diving .

DEFECTS NOT COVERED BY THE MARES WARRANTY PROGRAM

I am sure you've got it!!

I can handle replacing of straps and the like, to be honest that's what expected with fins, im starting to think that adding inserts into finsis where my problem lies) is asking for faults to develop though, well its now 3 days since i contacted the place where i purchased them and still no reply, I will give it while monday and then contact the Mares agent for Spain and explain the situation to him/her

They have contacted you in the same thread you posted under the Mares forum http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/mares-just-add-water/226155-mares-avanti-quatro-excel.html. Did you contact the specific person they requested you to? This was as of yesterday, and you are saying you attempted 3 days ago? I'm sure this will get worked out.

Zak

I've been diving my Mares Power Planas since 1987 and love them. (they are on my feet in my avatar) just recently I purchased a pair of fins online from Tommy D' Sports in Springhill, FL and love them also. Every time I dive I stop and debate which fins I want to use. I never understood why Mares stop making these "work horse" fins.
Power Planas are stiffer, shorter, broader... Tommy D's are longer, thiner, and seem to need less effort for same force. The Tommy D's are about $30 /pair so a lot of divers will overlook them because they don't have a high price tag.

Until the 1970s Mares made wonderful all-rubber full-foot fins. A while ago I purchased on eBay a pair of Mares GTX fins from that era and after all these years they're still comfortable, supple and effective for the style of recreational snorkelling I enjoy. I also remember with great affection Mares Sea King fins, which got many young people started in snorkelling.

attr_pinne1.jpg

A modern lookalike is manufactured by the Turkish diving equipment company Free Sub:

5.jpg
Free-Sub

I was saddened when Mares stopped making all-rubber fins entirely in favour of plastic blades with thermoplastic elastomer foot pockets.

They have contacted you in the same thread you posted under the Mares forum http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/mares-just-add-water/226155-mares-avanti-quatro-excel.html. Did you contact the specific person they requested you to? This was as of yesterday, and you are saying you attempted 3 days ago? I'm sure this will get worked out.

Zak

Ahh thanks for that Zak, i contacted scubastore through my user account on their website and have not yet had a reply, however thanks for posting the link for the "Mares forum" on here where i posted a question to Mares, i have now contacted scubastore using the email that they have provided.. thanks

I had Mares Avanti Quattro fins that I bought in 2001 or 2002. They worked great and lasted me 300 dives until another diver dropped one off the boat and lost it last October.

But I'm SURE my one remaining fin will work just fine!

Hi,

Check your email, Scubastore team is contacting you with the details on how to proceed with the claim.

Thanks

Ismael
Scubastore.com

Thanks Ismael, i recieved Marias email today and will follow it up wednesday evening when im home from work..

I have several Mares fins and they are very good shape with a lot of dives. No complaints but the oldest is maybe 12 years old. I have a pair of Voit A6 Viking fins in good shape I got in 1967. They just don't fit anymore as I was 12 when I got them. Not too bad. I have some 34 year old Jet Fins I had on today. Perfect shape.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom