How long does it take you to pack?

How long does it take you to pack after the dive.

• 15 minutes - I am done and ready to go!

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • 30 minutes - quick rinse and load and I am done!

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • 1 hour - hey, it is an art I need to rinse, pack, chat a bit

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • more than 1 hour - I am in no hury, chatting and doing post dive is a ritual

Votes: 7 10.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iztok

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So you are doing a shore dive (quarry or beach or something...) and you walk out of the water, how long does it take you to pack, load the car and drive off?

I like to hang around, but I can be done in 15min.

The real post dive is back at the pub.

I read on here I believe a great way to keep the gear stowed. It is a bakers rack with wheels from CostCo with a closet rod attached to the top. All my gear sits on the rack ready to go with my BC and wetsuits hanging on either side. I roll it out to the car, throw everything in the bag, do a run through of my checklist to make sure I haven't forgotten anything and drive off. I am out the door in about 10 minutes. When I come home, I do the same thing in reverse then I rinse everything down on the rack and let dry. Whoever posted that idea I owe a HUGE thank you to.

Walk to car? Gear in back 8 seconds. Suit off 28-72 seconds. Dry drink dress 30 seconds. Light cigarette as driving off?

Pack Load and Drive bout 10 min if that's all I'm doing. But once I get home and hang the drysuit. Lug doubles out of the pickup. Hang 4+ sets of regs after rinsing, separate all the reels, plug in the lights on the chargers. . . . that part takes a while

I can pack in 15mins, but often I stick around for about half an hour, an hour beyond packing up to have food and snacks with buddies. My buddy has a camp stove in his car so we make hot soup and we also have two camping chairs that we found under a pier one day that we can chill out in (they must have only been under for a few hours as they were in mint condition). Another buddy has a table and we all bring along snacks each. If it is one of our birthdays we also have cake and have a miniparty after the dive, so that can take a while. So yea, I like the social part after as well so only rush if I am by myself.

There used to be a three tiered grandstand type rack under the corner of Portsea Pier where you could sit and enjoy the view.

Id say this is just dependant on the circumstances but in most cases I take about 30 minutes to slowly pack everything away neatly. Once Im packed up good and proper I head on unless theres a reason to hang out. Now if its a salt water dive and a rinse is available then thats when I rinse then pack :)

Back
Top Bottom