CT shore question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TMHeimer

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Dartmouth,NS,Canada(Eastern Passage-Atlantic)
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Does anyone have info. about diving beaches between Norwalk & past Bridgeport? Like, for out of state cars not too steep a parking charge, that parking is close to shore, that diving is allowed, etc. Not figuring to get more than 12 feet depth. I've done Compo beach, but last time the fee went up to $30. Silver sands was OK but too far a walk to shore. Looking for something close to the city for when my brother comes to dive a day with me next Summer. Thanks in advance.

ive been wondering about Compo, no one got one your case or said anything? i was under the impression diving wasnt allowed. but shoot if no one bothered you i may shoot down there one afternoon to get wet!

ive been wondering about Compo, no one got one your case or said anything? i was under the impression diving wasnt allowed. but shoot if no one bothered you i may shoot down there one afternoon to get wet!
I went there several times years ago (when it was only $20). I parked at the end of the parking lot and went in what basically was the mouth of the Saugatuck R. (salt water where I dived). 12 feet or so. No one said anything. One time I forget my fins and the lifeguards leant me a pair. I think another time I dived right from the public beach but recall I needed to sign a release form of some sort so the lifeguards weren't responsible for me. If you're a CT resident it may be worth it. I won't pay $30 for 2+ hours worth of diving in 12 feet. It's so frustrating when I'm in the NY area each Summer and all the beaches cost so much for a foreigner. In Nova Scotia they're all free and rarely a lifeguard.

so i did abit of digging...it seems like diving at compo beach is not allowed anymore without permision from the town.

so i did abit of digging...it seems like diving at compo beach is not allowed anymore without permision from the town.
Well that figures. The "Town" runs everything in CT and Long Island. You probably need the usual BADGE even to park. I'm sorry you can't experience Nova Scotia. No permits, fees, lifeguards-- pull your call over, Provincial Park or not, gear up and walk in the water.

its on my list!! my daughter may be doing a summer program up there next year...so perhaps ill get a chance!

Someone on FB got permission to dive one of the beaches in that area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom