How long can a nitrox tank be stored fully filled?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My 72 steel has a born date of 1964, and passed hydro last year. I know there are guys with even older ones.
How about a 1800 psi steel 38 from 1943.... I need to get it hydro'd. It's still current till December, but the vis just expired so I might as well line them back up.

My 72 steel has a born date of 1964, and passed hydro last year. I know there are guys with even older ones.
I dive with a guy that has LP72s of that age that still have their "+" rating

Tank life is complicated. I have tested cylinders dated back to 1908 with so many hydro stamps I had to erase some to affix the new one. Not SCUBA of course but as long as not over-stressed due to over filling they can last a looong time. The safety factor is huge. I don't think Al cylinders will last that long.

Tank life is complicated. I have tested cylinders dated back to 1908 with so many hydro stamps I had to erase some to affix the new one. Not SCUBA of course but as long as not over-stressed due to over filling they can last a looong time. The safety factor is huge. I don't think Al cylinders will last that long.
damn 1908!

thanks for the help, learn something new everyday!

Yes, Scubaboard provides no end to learning everyday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom