How is the vis in northern Ohio quarries?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rebreather Dave

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone out there know what the vis is Gilboa or White Star?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Late response to this post, but I will post the conditions at Giloba as I dive there often enough.
Gilboa viz can be great, and then it can be really poor. In my dives at Gilboa I found the viz to be the best during a weekday, I try to arrive mid week after work on Wednesday and get a dive or 2 in, and as long as there were no students in the water, the viz is great. several times in the deep area, I could see the deep platform which is at 75', and almost see the trailor which is 110+.. that is on days when the viz is great.

The other side up to thursday - Friday is usually decent, however when Friday afternoon hits, it sometimes can goto pot very quickly.. you see new divers silting up the bottom, and the viz goes bad fast.. thus why I really only try to dive until sat morning, if you can get in quick in the AM, you will have a good dive with good viz, if its not too busy there.

Late response to this post, but I will post the conditions at Giloba as I dive there often enough.
Gilboa viz can be great, and then it can be really poor. In my dives at Gilboa I found the viz to be the best during a weekday, I try to arrive mid week after work on Wednesday and get a dive or 2 in, and as long as there were no students in the water, the viz is great. several times in the deep area, I could see the deep platform which is at 75', and almost see the trailor which is 110+.. that is on days when the viz is great.

The other side up to thursday - Friday is usually decent, however when Friday afternoon hits, it sometimes can goto pot very quickly.. you see new divers silting up the bottom, and the viz goes bad fast.. thus why I really only try to dive until sat morning, if you can get in quick in the AM, you will have a good dive with good viz, if its not too busy there.

Unless your the one Silting up the place... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom