How is the diving in Key Largo in July?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marina Del Mar is nice n clean n inexpensive & YES July is a great time for Key Largo! Eat at The Fish House for me. Have lots of fun.

Welcome to Key Largo! If I can answer any of your questions, please shoot me a PM.

Come on down, the weather is awesome and the diving is great. There are plenty of affordable accommodations. I recommend that you check with the dive shop you will be diving with. Many have contracts with a few hotels and can get you much better rates than you can get on your own.
There are almost 30 dive shops in the Upper Keys so there are lots of choices.

Just something to consider: The last Wed & Thurs of July are FL's Lobster mini-season. It doesn't affect most dive shops that dive within the sanctuary, but it does impact local traffic and hotel rates are usually at a premium.

Depending on the size of your group/family you might consider condos which offer the ability to prepare some of your own meals.

I also recommend you do a search here in the FL forum for Key Largo as this is an often discussed topic and you will find more information ranging from dive ops, training, accommodations, eateries, dive sites, diving conditions, and much more.

Let me know when you come down and maybe meet up for a :cheers:.

Elena

I'm taking the kids down and camping at Pennekamp the 12th-16th. About $175 for 4 nights. Kids are 10 & 12 and just completed the SSI scuba rangers course. Not sure if they will be allowed to dive, but we will snorkel plenty. We might even dive at Cannon Beach. Any thoughts?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom