Exumas in July?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DougA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm considering a last minute-ish trip to the Bahamas in a month - end of July, 23. Would be Blackbeards liveaboard to the Exuma Keys. But I am wondering about the weather: 'Hot, rain, with a chance of hurricanes...' Kind a thinking outloud and wondering what others think or have experienced. I did a Blackbeards week in Feb 22 and it was 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼. Thanks - (AOW with about 80-100 dives)

I haven't done Blackbeards, but we have been to the Exumas (and other places in the Bahamas) in late July/early August. Sure, it's hot, but if you're on the water it isn't bad at all. You do have an increased risk for hurricanes in summer, but they really ramp up more in August, statistically. Water is pretty flat in the summer if you don't have a storm in the area. That's always nice for diving!

Back
Top Bottom