How important is a same-sex roommate on a week-long trip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, OK,.....
just having fun ladies.
I do strongly recommend that you have your own cabin for many reasons beyond basic sexual tension.
- what is you do meet someone you really like?
- theft issues.
- comfort.
- personal time alone.
- you can leave your stuff where you want the whole trip.
- general safety.
- People today can look completely healthy and have Hepatitis-c, herpes, HIV/AIDS, HPV, TB, etc. the risk is real and really don't know a cabin "roomie".
- I would always book a private cabin, for many reasons.
-besides, if I shared a cabin, where would my wife sleep.
and every smart man knows "what momma says goes, If momma ain't happy-nobody's happy!"

get your own room ma'am', and if possible book with a well known friend,
Always travel in pairs/packs on theses dive trips, as danger is looking for a loner or idiot!
don't go it alone, and "hope" everything will work out.

Party-on!

OK, OK,.....
just having fun ladies.
I do strongly recommend that you have your own cabin for many reasons beyond basic sexual tension.
- theft issues.
- comfort.
- personal time alone.
- general safety.
- People today can look completely healthy and have Hepatitis-c, herpes, HIV/AIDS, HPV, TB, etc. the risk is real and really don't know a cabin "roomie".
-besides, if I shared a cabin, where would my wife sleep.
and every smart man knows "what momma says goes, If momma ain't happy-nobody's happy!"

get your own room ma'am', and if possible book with a well known friend,
Always travel in pairs/packs on theses dive trips, as danger is looking for a loner or idiot!
don't go it alone, and "hope" everything will work out.

Party-on!

What a depressing outlook on life and your fellow man...
I think I´d rather be a loner or an idiot...

hmm.....I disagree.

I am guessing you grew up on a farm in da boonies? just kidding, but it sounds as though you don't lock your doors at night.

Why are there so many people in prison? and those are just the people who got caught:11:

although there is something a bit wrong with that bit about moma:shakehead:

I agree...

I can understand some reasons you mention for taking a cabin alone (comfort, personal time alone, etc) but some of your reasons are way out there...

I don't know what causes this paranoia... but I don't understand this base mistrust of people. Maybe you've had some very bad experiences... maybe you've just read too much bad press... but IMO how do you life if you only surround you with people you know... just to be sure that nothing bad happens to you?

I mean come on... I've had some bad experiences during travels (like being forced to strip naked under gun point.. so they were sure they got all my stuff)... but this hasn't changed my basic positive disposition towards my fellow human being. There are bad or sick apples out there... but most are not... and you sometimes just have to trust your gut feeling, common sense and have some luck.

To the OP... imo no you are not strange informing about a same sex roommate or single room. Everybody has his own comfortlevel... and since vacation is about having fun and relaxing... you should of course enquire about something that could potentially increase this comfort.

I personally would also ask for a single room...every now and then I need some personal space to just be with myself. This is rather hard when you are living together with a bunch of people on a small tub. So for me personally it has nothing to do with sex or safety but with mental privacy.

nice fetish = stripping in front of gun point:shakehead:but that is OK, and I too would not be flustered if I liked that sort of stuff:D

not paranoia....just caution...like don't leave valuable in plain site in the front seat of your car.

OK, OK,.....
just having fun ladies.
- theft issues.
- comfort.
- personal time alone.
- general safety.
Party-on!

Yea men are always stealing dive equiptment and spreadind desease on dive trips....

LOL

Bob (a man) in CO

Dear friends: I spent many years over seas in the military. I have seen smelled, tasted, and lived 3rd world poverty death squads and hunta governments These people will steal you used underware if they could. So go ahead and be a "happy-go-lucky" dumb *** tourist, travel down the back alleys, drink the local water, kiss on the local working girls, wear all your best jewerly, and get really really drunk after dark in a bar you have never been to before. Please do so. If they are rolling you, they wont havre time to roll me. I just look for your body in the canal the next morning.
hahhahahhahhahahhahh!!!!!!

well, that is pushing it a bit.

I doubt the OP is interested in getting kissy kissy with da local "working" womens in a back alley.

but are you confessing?

have to agree with grazie.

if i have to think about all the factors scubabeach mentioned, i'd rather lock myself in my room...

god, come to think of it, when i did my OW course, i was renting everything... maybe i should get an executive check up again... the last one must have missed something!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom