How girls can avoid being hit on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't hit on you even if you were the last man on earth -no offence-

Here is your answer if they hit on her tell her to slap them.

Don't think I want to.

Wow, a little hostile are we...

BTW, your advice is bad. Initiating a physical altercation with a stranger isn't such a good idea. Honestly the best response to unwanted attention is usually a little humor. Don't make the "offender" the butt of the joke as that might have the same reaction as hitting him. Do make the joke funny and reply loud enough that everyone on the boat hears and laughs "with" both of you. This tactic usually allows the woman to stop the advances without provoking anything else.

Additionally, I doubt "Hating" on Dr Bill will get you anywhere fast. I don't know him but I've never read a malicious post from him.

We need pictures. And if she's hot...well god bless her.. and you. If not well send her to Dr. Bill for a little reconstructive surgery. Seriously...too bad, good looking women are always a target. Have her 'dress down' on the boat. Millions of years of cave men mentality aint going to ever change. Move on.

Honestly? Smile and nod, if it gets out of hand then a pointed joke usually does the trick.

And if he doesn't get the hint, a quick quiet "you're creeping me out, knock it off or I'll use you for shark bait" works well. I've only had to verbally smack a guy down harshly in public once - it embarrassed the hell out of him and also had the benefit of a couple of other guys stepping up to keep an eye on me. Something about women being a lot nastier in a fight makes the boys edgy when we get really pissed off. Only the really stupid ones try to touch me after I've made it clear their advances aren't welcome.

If she can't pull on her big girl panties and give the evil eye then she should invest in a large male diving buddy or two - I hear feeding them well keeps them happy.

Don't think I want to.

Based on what? Really, he's a great guy. Nearly every avid diver and many many new divers here in Southern California, USA knows him, has met him, or has heard of him. He is our local famous Marine Biologist, everyone's guest speaker, standard attraction on our Catalina Island at the dive park and at the Galleon bar and Karaoke, and all around upstanding great guy. I don't think I, or anyone else in southern CA has anything bad to say about him at all! You might as well be diving solo if you're his buddy though!

Don't think I want to.

I take offence to this statement about Dr Bill. I have also met Dr Bill, spoken at length with him, have seen some of his work and have nothing but the best to say about him. I knew of him as Catalina's resident marine biologist and admired his helpfulness long before I ever met him - and I'm not even from the U.S. I can't imagine what would provoke such hostility toward someone you claim to have never even met.

Slapping someone is a very juvenile, immature and if you aren't aware, illegal response to a "come on". Grow up.

I too take offense to what you have said. What part of his statement was pointed directly at you?

Dr. Bill is one of our long time family members here on SB and we all love him very much :blinking: He has always given respect to all of us here and we do the same for him as well. And you have shown one of our family members disrespect :no:
We all love ya Dr. Bill :kiss2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinko

Originally Posted by Clammy
You just haven't met Dr Bill yet!

Don't think I want to.

For someone who has never met him nor would ever want to meet him I would say she was just being rude.
But looking at her profile it could be her hormones raging as she is with child, If I am not mistaken.:preggers:

If so Congrats to you !!!!

Wow .. why is pinko hating on Bill .. . a little tip for ya Ms. Pinko, use the smiles when joking . . . cuz we don't take kindly to folks being rude to the good ones on SB . . .

ScubaBob and Chaos have good approaches. . I've also enlisted the help of other guys when needed . . . don't get outwardly hostile unless the dumbarse touches you. . then all bets are off. . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom