How do you wear your long hair to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aeonflux10

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to start my certification this weekend. I've got hair about 6" past my shoulders. How do you wear yours to cut down on tangles? We are going diving in warm water..

Yep braiding works for me. Plus, I bring detangler because no matter what, my hair just naturally wants to clump together! :)

BTW, have fun on your dives!

ishie,(dive buddy) taught me how to braid her hair for her and that worked out fantastic for her, as she told me, so braid it is the best i believe

I'm going to give this hair-braiding thing a bash. I'm a lazy sod, and just pull it back into a pony tail and hope for the best. I often have a long floppy fringe, which I'm always batting out of the way. Have great video footage with the mantas in Yap - this huge clump of hair sticking straight up towards the surface, driven up by the exhale bubbles.

aeonflux10:
How do you wear yours to cut down on tangles? We are going diving in warm water..

I wake up very early and weave mine into a verticle cylinder (see profile pic). This 'doo is handy if you enjoy collecting stuff, like me. Anything interesting that I find I just toss up into the old hair cylinder until I get back on the boat.

BacardiSpice:
I'm going to give this hair-braiding thing a bash. I'm a lazy sod, and just pull it back into a pony tail and hope for the best. I often have a long floppy fringe, which I'm always batting out of the way. Have great video footage with the mantas in Yap - this huge clump of hair sticking straight up towards the surface, driven up by the exhale bubbles.
thats funny, as ishie used to have the same type of problem(pony tail), and then as i said , she taught me to braid it for her, witch i enjoy doing for her!!

Scubakevdm:
I wake up very early and weave mine into a verticle cylinder (see profile pic).

Wow...I had no idea that was a weave...it looks so natural. :wink:

So, no hood then? If you are not adept at braids and your buddy is similarly challenged, you can always try a pony tail; secured at the nape of the neck and then tucked back under like a chignon---covered in conditionner

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom