How do you wash/rinse your dive gear??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The girlfriend of one of my students uses this: . I'm going to try it as it looks like it works well. Kind of nice to have a large cooler filled with water to do a preliminary rinse at the dive site.
The best part of that Amazon product ad....Haha! Take my money!

1644421344148.png

Freshwater only, regulators, BC, fins, masks etc.
After a week of diving the wetsuit, boots, shorts, vest [if I am wearing one] and gloves are washed in a little of this mixed 300:1

BCF_618167_hi-res.jpg

After a dive day when I get home I have a big galvanized 2’x2’x3’ Behlen country water trough I use to soak all gear. The tank goes in with the reg still on it and pressurized, bc rig, wetsuit, weightbelt, mask, fins, booties, gloves, everything that was on the dive. I run the hose into the arm sleeves, legs of the wetsuit and into the booties, gloves, then that stuff gets hung up. Then proceed with all the other small stuff. The bc gets water run into the LP inflator hose and sloshed around 360 in the wing. I orally inflate it and expel the fresh water out the butt dump and all other exits including the LP hose nipple. I sometimes unzip the 360 zipper and run a hose in and around the inner bladder, then the bc gets orslly inflated again and hung up on a nail upside down. I periodically drain it out the LP hose as water settles.
The reg on the tank is next, it’s been soaking so the tank is clean and the exterior of the reg is clean.
I stand up the tank in the trough and run the hose into the ambient holes so I can see water squirt out of the opposing holes. I know then that any salt water is definitely out of the ambient chamber. The regs dry while hooked up to the tank in the garage.
All the other tanks used that day just get a hose rinse.
After everything is clean I use the water to water my plants.

Back
Top Bottom