How do you wash/rinse your dive gear??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only when I mix it with toothpaste to whiten my teeth

and

After unscrewing the shoulder dump in goes the hot water blasting laundry trough nozzle
no solutions concoctions mixtures spells no washing powder and not a bit of crud in there

EVER

Sounds like most people soak regs in water, some add some mild detergent or very diluted bleach solutions

Mild detergent yes, diluted bleach no.

I prefer some alcohol based liquids like mouthwash.

For the inside of BCD / Wing bladders I've just recently come across this whilst visiting Arab Health last month.

How about a few drops of Clorox in a mild detergent solution?

How about a few drops of Clorox in a mild detergent solution?
I agree with the folks that say keep away from bleach. Way too easy to do damage with it.

I knocked myself cold when I was a kid mixing bleach with other household stuff.

Probably not, if you rinsed it right away. It can be used as a mouthwash, which is why I thought of it.
Maybe.. Though it is used to whiten teeth over time.

But on a serious note, if you're going to be diving in NM, it's mostly going to be in Santa Rosa. As long as your last dive of the day is in Blue Hole, you're going to have to work more on calcification than really cleaning your gear. The water's very hard/full of minerals and if you forget to rinse something, it will get chalky.

Back
Top Bottom