How do you wash/rinse your dive gear??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I’m out of a hotel, I wear everything in the shower. Each piece gets rinsed under the shower head and dumped on the floor. Then I hang it all on the balcony if available, unzip the drysuit, and have a shower myself.

The girlfriend of one of my students uses this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IFHFJXI/. I'm going to try it as it looks like it works well. Kind of nice to have a large cooler filled with water to do a preliminary rinse at the dive site.

I also use this along with a large fresh water can at the dive site and give my regs, computer and camera a rinse down every time I exit the water.
At home I have a small paved area at the back of the appartment where I soak all the hard gear first and then rinse the wetsuits in a small inflateable pool. Young one loves assisting especially in summer months.

Attachments

• pool.JPG
    pool.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 103
Plenty of fresh cold water for regs, computers, wing, backplate, masks, SMB, lights, etc.
I usually leave them in the tub for 10 minutes.

Secret potion for my wetsuit.
The secret potion is: pine o cleen (or similar disinfectant)* + wetsuit soap in warm water overnight

*sometime, I use white vinegar instead of the disinfectant

Pump spray on regs/valves, or shower rinse at dive site (depending on location/availability).

At home, put regs, computer and accessories in a laundry tub of warm water, first with some mild detergent, then a round of clear water, soak then drain and hang out to dry. Anything from 15min to hours. I attach the regs and give them a decent purge after drying, often do an IP check at that point.

BP/W rinsed with gear wash and bladder/inflator/valve rinsed with BCD cleaner, hang out to dry.

Primary mask gets a detergent rinse on the skirt and glass.

Neoprene gear goes into a tub with gear wash separately before hanging to dry. In winter, drysuit usually gets an external rinse and an occasional inside out rinse. Hang out to dry.

Main tank, pony and fins get a quick shower rinse and out to dry.

Once it's all dry, I pack it ready to dive into my Pelican case, with knife/trilobite/torch on the bp/w, DSMB, spare mask, whistle etc. in wet or drysuit pocket, so all I have to do is suit up, put regs on the tanks, and jump in.

On return from diving (which is generally salt water), everything gets dumped in a large tub to soak (regs connected to tank) for at least an hour normally. Then gets hung up to dry out in the garage.

I try to dive fresh water after my salt water dives..... Dive Coz or Isla for a few days, then go to Tulum for the fresh water cenotes. Instant rinse and fun, too.

I also use this along with a large fresh water can at the dive site and give my regs, computer and camera a rinse down every time I exit the water.
At home I have a small paved area at the back of the appartment where I soak all the hard gear first and then rinse the wetsuits in a small inflateable pool. Young one loves assisting especially in summer months.

That is the sweetest picture. My little girl likes to do equipment checks with me before the dives. Man, can't wait til she's old enough to be my buddy

Shower, tub or hose. Let the gear hang to dry. Sometimes I let my wet suit soak in the tub with baby soap when it's really dirty..

...Rinse at the dive site with a hose and dedicated dunk tanks...

I do this after all salt water dives.

Hose, water, driveway, air....

I do this for all salt and fresh water dives when I get home. I may or may not wash the inside of my BC. If I do, I use a hose attachment (from Piranha Dive Mfg) that connects to the LPI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom