how do you attach your console?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been around the block a few times, but I have never heard if a "boltsnap".
Then I come to this post and see it twice.
I probably know what is is, but never knew the correct name. Would someone please clearify it for me?
Thanks

I've always passed the console under my left arm, under the left BC shoulder strap so that the console is in front of me. I can then tuck it under my right armpit temporarily when super streamlining is needed. Otherwise it remains in front of me and I need only sweep my left arm upward from the lower left to instantly locate it.

Please note that I'm not recommending this practice, per se -- only that it works very well for me.

ronrosa once bubbled...
I use a mini-retractor clipped to my left shoulder d-ring. Works great.

me too - but mines clipped to my right shoulder! :tongewag:

My BC has a clip strap that goes between the shoulder straps across my chest. I just tuck the console under this strap and clip it in so it rides in the middle of my chest. The console hose has enough slack so you can easily pull the console out far enough to read it at will and still stay streamlined.

I have to go with the retractor clip myself....

I always use a retractor - start off with it on my left hand D Rings (until I am into the BC) - then I move it over to the right hand side. That puts the console (an Uwatec Smart Com) nicely in my field of vision and the retractor allows me to move the compass element forward when necessary.

I'm about to move to a locking retractor - simply because on the boat, when you attach the console, it tends to overpower the current retractor and dangle slightly.

I'm afraid that I have a real aversion to dangling objects on and about my person when diving.

Where do you get the locking retractor?

I use a 3 inch double ended clip and clip it to the right breast D ring on my BCD (routed under my left arm). Kind of like an instrument cluster on a car, all I have to do is look down (it's just on the lower pariphery of my sight line). Works for me as I always know my pressure, etc..

Jimi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom