how do you attach your console?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i keep it inside my lower BC belt

snipes287:
hey, Ive been swimming around with my conslole just dangling around and was wandering what everyone else used to keep it close to you. do you use retractors or what?

what i was going to have, although not any more, was to have the console comeing from my right hand HP port, then under my right arm and using a bold snap attaching to a D ring on my left sholder. This way its seay to attach/deattach with one hand, my right [right handed] also allowing you to look at it easily while using the inflator hose with ur left hand.

Of corse now im going to get an APEKS ATX-50 with DS4 which only has 1 HP port i cant. :crying2:

I don't attach my console anymore. I took the spg out and secured it to my left hip D-ring with a bolt snap. I mount my bottom timer/computer and compass on my wrists.

The console went on Ebay, where it won't be in the way.

I pulled my SPG out of the boot a little ways, tied a short piece of boot lace around the hose, then put the SPG back in the boot so that the lace is coming out of the boot at the top of the SPG hole (near the center of the console). Then I put a plastic clip that I had laying around on the other end of the boot lace. I route the hose under my left arm, and fasten the clip to the D-ring on my left shoulder strap.

The boot lace is just long enough that I can read the computer/SPG without unclipping it, but short enough that it doesn't dangle more than about 4" below me when horizontal. If I need more stramlining, I cross my arms across my chest and hold everything up tight. I only have to unclip it to use my compass, which is on the back of the console.

With it on the left D-ring I can reach it with either hand, and don't have to unclip it to don/doff the BC (I don't want it in the sand or on the floor of the boat).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom