How do you access El Galleon (Puerto Galera)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

we didnt go to the main port but a smaller one up the roads a bit called Berberabe Port where theres smaller outrigger water taxis

I often travel alone but don't want to spend $320 usd for transfers but neither do I want to schlep my own gear. It's a conundrum.

A friend of mine was recently diving in Philippines and her travel companion had them doing the public transport to get from island to island. She ended up hating the trip and will never return. I don't believe she's particularly fond of him anymore either.

I often travel alone but don't want to spend $320 usd for transfers but neither do I want to schlep my own gear. It's a conundrum.

A friend of mine was recently diving in Philippines and her travel companion had them doing the public transport to get from island to island. She ended up hating the trip and will never return. I don't believe she's particularly fond of him anymore either.

I would look into arranging your own private transfer from airport to pier than charter your own local bangka to El Galleon directly. You should be able to save a lot. Then when you leave, do the same in reverse or hire help to get you to the public pier. When you arrive there, have your own getaway car. Maybe others here can help with specific recommendations.

That is so unfortunate that she will never return to the Philippines and that it ruined her experience and trip.

Thanks for your advice and yes, it is too bad.

well i can tell you that its hard work in 35º c heat even if everything is organised so unless your into advanced masochism id go with a dive group and save yourself for the dives - i kept a log of the dive we did if you want a copy i can PM you

Please, I'd appreciate that!

It's my first time in Philippines and normally when I go for the first in a new place, I opt to make it easier than possible instead of trying to save on money, that's why I opted for a private transfer with El Galleon (nor because I couldn't arrange it myself). I'm glad to hear it's well organized and you only have to care about meeting the chaps at the airport.

PS: I didn't paid the transfer in advance, El Galleon said that it'll be paid by cash the same day (while I paid for the resort and the dives in advance to get advantage of the 30% discount).

If I recall correctly it was USD100 each way the last time I was at Asia Divers.

This was split 3 ways as there were three of us.

If I recall correctly it was USD100 each way the last time I was at Asia Divers.

This was split 3 ways as there were three of us.

It's surely 160usd now (that was quoted in my booking).

Well my last time there was a few years ago, so not so up to date, but it was the same price as CBR in Anilao the same year and they still charge USD100.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom