How do you access El Galleon (Puerto Galera)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The private transfer can be very expensive if only for one person..typical van from Manila is 3500 pesos (70 USD) and the private boat is another 3500 pesos...I did this the first time a few years ago...the last trip in March I had a private van take me to the terminal in Batangas and took the public ferry over for less than 5 0r 600 pesos..still expensive (4000 pesos) than taking the bus/ferry but I prefer to have a van pick me up at the hotel and I have an eye on my stuff. When I arrived in Sabang the owner of the place I was renting had a couple of guys meet me and help with my bags... tipped them 300 pesos.

It's surely 160usd now (that was quoted in my booking).
that seems expensive one way from the port of Berberabe to puerto galera was 4200 pesos -US$80 (last week)

that seems expensive one way from the port of Berberabe to puerto galera was 4200 pesos -US$80 (last week)

This includes pick up in Manila, not just from port to El Galleon or PG. The drive from Manila, with no traffic, is probably still at least 1.5 hours. It is still expensive given other possible options but made better by sharing the costs.

Back
Top Bottom