How do you access El Galleon (Puerto Galera)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

npole

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I know there's a path along the beach, anyway in certain points it seems not paved (beach) or such.. so my question is: when you arrive to the Sabang pier, how do you go to El Galleon with all your (heavy) luggage? There's an internal walkway? Thanks!

We just returned from the area. I think your best option would be to hire a boat at Sabang pier. It should only cost a couple hundred pesos to take you to El Galleon.

Agree with Cpace or you can hire a couple of porters at the pier to carry your bags and pay them a 2-300 pesos each depending on the weights...300 pesos is only 6 bucks... it is a 10-15 minute walk to El Galeon from the pier..pretty much you are not walking on the beach,,,meaning your walking on a elevated sidewalk or through the bar area which is covered sidewalk...This area of Sabang doesn't have much of a beach per se...there is more sandy area in front of El Galeon and going further up from the there but not a beach I would hang out...rent a boat and go to the nicest beaches around the island.

When I have booked at El Galeon / Asia Divers I also booked pick up from Manila and that included a Bangka from Batangas to Asia Divers Jetty, so no need to haul any gear / bags along the path.

When I have booked at El Galeon / Asia Divers I also booked pick up from Manila and that included a Bangka from Batangas to Asia Divers Jetty, so no need to haul any gear / bags along the path.

Good! Thanks. That's what I wanted to know... I opted for the Manila pickup as well (and back), I believed it was only to the pier, if it's to the El Galleon I have no more issues.. :) ...do they waited for you at the pier?

do they waited for you at the pier?

Its the jetty at Asia Divers, so yes :)

That’s what I did. I know you can do public bus and ferry for cheaper but we were 4 people splitting the cost of a private airport pickup and bangka transfer direct to El Galleon. It was convenient, easy, and smooth. I didn’t have to think about it. It worked out well with a change in flight schedules (cancellations). Excellent communication and they were there when they said they would be. No extra time in Manila or having to align with ferry or bus schedules.

With that said, I loved El Galleon and Asia Divers. Top notch, one of the best operators and concierge diving I’ve had the privilege of diving. Have a great time!

How much does your private transfer cost? Do you book it both ways upfront or does Asia Divers/El Galleon help you book back towards the end of your trip? Any problem if the weather is bad?

How much does your private transfer cost? Do you book it both ways upfront or does Asia Divers/El Galleon help you book back towards the end of your trip? Any problem if the weather is bad?

I just checked our itemized invoice. It was $160 each way. We were 4 people so it was $40 each way. We had a 5th person we met tag along on the return so we got to recoup some of the cost. :) It’s a lot by local standards, and the public option at that, but the convenience and ease could not be beat. It was booked in advance as a package. I don’t know about weather since we were there during wonderful weather. I’m sure a large ferry, especially with a steel hull if it has one, would fare better.

We were able to get there and still make the second afternoon and night dive on the day of check in. (There are 5 dives scheduled a day.)

You get your luggage taken at the airport curb. You get off at the pier at El Galleon/Asia Divers and you go to your room and your luggage is there. Perfect.

we got bac
got back a couple of days ago it was 2800 peso from airport to the jetty for four of us in a mini van. you then get on a boat to puerto galera - the crew will carry you gear but I suggest you ask the dive op your going with to organise it unless you speak the lingo
we booked one way and paid for a second trip when we returned - make sure its A/C or you'll pass out in the heat

Back
Top Bottom