How do they treat Scuba divers in Oregon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just stay out of the rivers winding through "them thar hills" and you'll be okay. Word of advice: if you hear a banjo playing off in the distance, run...run like the wind!

"Felon in possesion of a firearm"
"Felon in possesion of weed"
"Felon in possesion of meth"

Nuff said right there don't you think?

Just don't touch their gas pumps...almost got in a fight with a little boy pump jockey because apparently, us common folks aren't as smart as the gas pump professionals they have in Oregon. It is illegal to pump your own gas in Oregon...I guess they offer degrees in pump management in the universities there.

Bah...You can't diss Oregon diving. Sure the vis sucks out in the Jetties most of the time and you can't really dive most areas except for at high or low slack tide, but other than that it's pretty good. We have Clear Lake which has 300ft. vis most of the time and is an amazing dive. We are a short drive from Puget Sound and University of Oregon, Oregon State, and Lane CC are part of the biggest college dive program in the country. You just have to watch out for crazy tweakers w/ .22's when you decide to snorkel the rivers...

-Kstnbike

xSandman3:
Just don't touch their gas pumps...almost got in a fight with a little boy pump jockey because apparently, us common folks aren't as smart as the gas pump professionals they have in Oregon. It is illegal to pump your own gas in Oregon...I guess they offer degrees in pump management in the universities there.

Same in New Jersey. My first time at a gas station in Jersey, some dude comes running up to me at the pump. I thought I was getting mugged until I saw him pull out a bunch of cash and ask me "what octane gas do ya want" as he reached for the nozzle. My girlfriend at the time was laughing her butt off because she knew about the "no self serve" rule up there. :11doh:

I haven't found many places to dive in Oregon during the 1 /12 years we've been out here but I keep trying.

I must say I liked a dive we did in a little place called the Illinois River in southern Oregon. No one shot at us but it is so far back in the hills that I was still a little watchful. For the most part we just go up to Hood Canal. I think you could even snorkel there with impunity.

Back
Top Bottom