How do they treat Scuba divers in Oregon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prostar:
For the most part we just go up to Hood Canal. I think you could even snorkel there with impunity.
Just be sure to carry a dive flag ... the police are a little "trigger happy" when it comes to enforcing local ordinances ... some of them tend to view divers as a revenue stream ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I've decided that we divers in Oregon are generally a hardy bunch. We are lucky enough to be located between two states that boast awsome vis and marine life, but are generally stuck diving jetties, slack tides, (exceptionally) low vis and very cold water, or else insanely cold, high altitude fresh water lakes.
We are also the #1 meth manufacturing state, and have a slight problem with rodents of unusual size running around- (though this is the first time I've heard of someone hunting the darn things...)
We are also insanely lucky in having an awesome dive shop that has won several national awards for their product knowledge, safety and overall integrity. Despite most Oregon dives being a wee bit challenging, they certified over 900 students in 2006 alone. Stop by, come diving with the Oregonians. We like spearfishing and picking up dungness dinner of the jetty bottom all the time. (You might consider bringing a drysuit...) :wink:

Nymbus is right on all counts. Unfortunately, Oregon has the notoriety of being the meth capitol of the US. Our lovely forests are prime areas for cooks to manufacture their product or for growers to harvest their marijuana, due to dense cover (harder for planes to spot) and inaccessibility.

Eugene Skin Divers is probably the best dive shop I have ever had the pleasure to do business with. Those guys are awesome! In fact, I'm going to pay them a little visit, today, to drop off my regs for annual service. I will ask if there's any update on Mr. Cheesman.

Oregon divers in general are a pretty friendly, fun-loving and hardy bunch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom