How do I sign up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tpolson88

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I want to be a texas swamp diver and a DIMWIT, how do I sign up????
I dive primarily in Stillhouse Hollow(weekly) and lake travis. Soon Ill be moving to stephenville so ill be diving the D/FW area alot. I wanna sign up can anyone help:confused:

:D:D
Taylor

The new member requirements are getting stiffer by the day. In the old days, you just had to dive with a Swamper and we'd call it good. Now, you have to schedule a dive with a Swamper, schlep their gear to and from the dive site and buy them drinks afterward. Then the Swamper decides whether or not to recommend you for membership (cash bribes help). :wink:

Of course, you could just dive with a Swamper and we'll call it good. :D

As far as becoming a DIMWIT, if you say you are one then you must be one. :D Cash bribes are still accepted though.:wink:

As far as becoming a DIMWIT, if you say you are one then you must be one. :D Cash bribes are still accepted though.:wink:

I think I had to pay $10 to each Swamper to dive with me :shakehead:.

Of course I am kidding. You will find that these people are some of the best to dive with and that you can learn alot from them.

Enjoy your dives and maybe we can meet up on a dive soon.

I want to be a texas swamp diver and a DIMWIT, how do I sign up????
I dive primarily in Stillhouse Hollow(weekly) and lake travis. Soon Ill be moving to stephenville so ill be diving the D/FW area alot. I wanna sign up can anyone help:confused:

Taylor

Aim high, I always say. :D

I want to be a texas swamp diver and a DIMWIT, how do I sign up???? I wanna sign up can anyone help:confused:

Taylor

Just show up and after the Bone Cerimony a Chosen One will bring you to the Darkside of Enlightenment.

And as one with 75 or so dives in Stillhouse Hollow, you've earned your DIMWIT title, and I'd say your TSD one too. Get a dive in sometime - I'm still trying to get my second in with the TSD group - fun lovin too.

Mack Diver's comments about the bribes are just his retirement plan kicking in!

Looks like me and awap and old school are diving in the morning at stillhouse. I guess ill be offical!

Looks like me and awap and old school are diving in the morning at stillhouse. I guess ill be offical!

Well, you can be a Swamper but no DIMWIT would spell "offical" that way. Plus, part of being a DIMWIT is the elimination of offcials. :eyebrow:

Here's an anticipatory congratulations and welcome aboard! This may well be the high point of your life! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom