How do I see the SPG?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pete340:
There is no default return (except from main). The behavior of that code is undefined for any value of item that doesn't match one of the case labels.

Lets go through this again. Without a default statement in the switch, it falls into the base subroutine code, which it falls to the end of and implicitly returns NULL, or 0, or false. The point here is to reduce the clutter so that your code doesn't end up looking like a star wars bar scene. Defaults? Breaks? The utter stupidity on this board is to a level beyond the pale pontificated by those that don't have the brain power to think for themselves.

None of you have been analysing code as long as I have, and tweaking the efficency as much as I have. These useless additions to end up being a cluster **** beyond all proportions and result in the compiler spinning around like a dog trying to **** a football. Until you can learn to walk and chew gum, take the lint out of your pockets and put them onto your keyboard and stop trying to question those that have the experience.

tel-scuba:
The SPG comes off the left post and is clipped to the hip D-ring. The stage tank is also clipped off to the same ring. How in the world do I see the SPG quickly? I can certainly slide my hand down the SPG hose, find the clip, unclip and read it, then reclip the SPG, but this takes time.

How do most people get at this device?
i ziptie mine to the exhaust tee of my second stage so that i always look straight at it :wink: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alemaozinho:
i ziptie mine to the exhaust tee of my second stage so that i always look straight at it :wink: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:) actually, I'm surprised an SPG is not superfluous in DIR diving. I mean if you can't figure out control your SAC/RMV blah blah blah and....................

-joking, just joking

The SPG is a backup for your brain, really. I'm getting better.. I check it at every 5 minute interval during the dive and i'm pretty reliably within 100 psi now.

msandler:
:) actually, I'm surprised an SPG is not superfluous in DIR diving. I mean if you can't figure out control your SAC/RMV blah blah blah and....................

You joke.... but: Everything has redundancy. Regs, tanks, valves, masks, etc... What about pressure guages?

Because the pressure guage -is- your backup. When you look at it you should have a damn good idea what it should read before you look. You don't look to see how much you have left... you look to verify it's what it should be.

Spectre:
Lets go through this again. Without a default statement in the switch, it falls into the base subroutine code, which it falls to the end of and implicitly returns NULL, or 0, or false. The point here is to reduce the clutter so that your code doesn't end up looking like a star wars bar scene. Defaults? Breaks? The utter stupidity on this board is to a level beyond the pale pontificated by those that don't have the brain power to think for themselves.

None of you have been analysing code as long as I have, and tweaking the efficency as much as I have. These useless additions to end up being a cluster **** beyond all proportions and result in the compiler spinning around like a dog trying to **** a football. Until you can learn to walk and chew gum, take the lint out of your pockets and put them onto your keyboard and stop trying to question those that have the experience.

You've got it down but I'm afraid there's a really good chance that I've been throwing bits in buckets longer. LOL

pete340:
There is no default return (except from main). The behavior of that code is undefined for any value of item that doesn't match one of the case labels. (And we won't say anything about the missing curly brackets for the switch statement)

LOL he put a function header/decleration and braces for the function but none for the switch or the other way around.

Spectre:
You joke.... but:

no not really :)

the answer however is put the spg where you are comfortable with it. right chest d-ring perhaps

MikeFerrara:
You've got it down but I'm afraid there's a really good chance that I've been throwing bits in buckets longer. LOL
Punch cards don't count...

msandler:
no not really :)

the answer however is put the spg where you are comfortable with it. right chest d-ring perhaps
not not really :)

The answer however is to put your reply were it is most appropriate. Hogarthian forum perhaps

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom