How do I see the SPG?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wendy:
Your answers don't really fit in the DIR forum that the question was posted in. Retractors and consoles are not DIR.

Sorry...somehow I unwittingly wandered into the wrong corner of cyberspace. I'll take my comments elsewhere, so sorry to intrude.

BTW - Perhaps programming discussions are more appropriate in a different forum as well. Perhaps you'll find one for antiquated languages there...

MikeFerrara:
I do and I wold have some breaks statements and a default in there.

The break statements'll just get optimized out with a decent compiler, or end up being NOOPs and extend the size of your image.

Since the designer expected the default response to be false anyway, the fallthrough of the switch statement falls into an implicit return from the subroutine and result in the desired default false return.

Either option may fall under hogarthian rules, but is definately not DIR as it's not the most efficent use of the system or disk space resources.

humanFish, I understand your frustration, but offering specifically non-DIR scuba gear advice in a forum dedicated specifically to DIR diving will elicit that kind of response. Wendy was very straightforward and polite with her response, don't take it the wrong way.

Northeastwrecks:
Incidentally, I think that you do need the breaks. Otherwise, won't you execute every statement after item == the case that you are testing for?

Not with returns. 'return' exits the function immediately and returns a value. The break would never be reached.

Spectre:
The break statements'll just get optimized out with a decent compiler, or end up being NOOPs and extend the size of your image.

Since the designer expected the default response to be false anyway, the fallthrough of the switch statement falls into an implicit return from the subroutine and result in the desired default false return.

Either option may fall under hogarthian rules, but is definately not DIR as it's not the most efficent use of the system or disk space resources.

That's what I get for talking programming in a DIR forum.

Spectre:

There is no default return (except from main). The behavior of that code is undefined for any value of item that doesn't match one of the case labels. (And we won't say anything about the missing curly brackets for the switch statement)

Ok. Looks like I'll unclip, look, reclip. Now if I can only get my thick gloves to have more dexterity so I don't look like such a d*** fool...

You'll get used to it pretty quickly. I have no problem anymore doing it with drysuit gloves.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom